do you enjoy watching other dogs as much as your own

I'm with Charts on this one, good dog work is good dog work no matter what kennel the dog returns to. Of course, the pride and satisfaction of seeing your own dog perform well is a serous high that can't be beaten when your out but if I see a good 'un that ain't mine, at my game, I can only look and learn and try to get to that level with my own. ;)

• Like 3

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy watching other dogs work, especialy abroad and on quarry I wouldn't see here. It's great to see other peoples way of working dogs, I'm never to old to learn ! LOL ! Been lucky enough to see so

Who doesnt? Any dog working making a good run is fantastic to see. I dont mind if its mine or someone elses. The only thing i get from mine that i dont from others is the sense of achievement.

Nothing like watching your own dog running, Its never been the same for me watching someone elses. Ive borrowed dogs at times and the same here, Its never the same..but I would liketo belatedly add, I

I love to watch anyone's dog's doing the buisness and doing good..and if they are better than mine i would try to pick up on thing's to better mine..not on a competetive scale though..

I go out and see Moll's dog's now and again well regular really and it sure get's my juice's flowing watching them run and catch what is put infront of them..especially when you can see the dog has been trained to nearly the limmit and does everything right..(no breaking stick required :whistling::D )

I was out the other week watching some collie crosses do there job aswell as Moll's whippet and i can honestly say i did not get bored for one minute..so yes i do like to see other good dog's work.. :victory:

Edited by Millet
  • Like 2

i would moll and if there good all the better , i do like having mines out but can do it any day at times, and traveling to see other hounds work under diffrent enviroments helps you see and learn in some ways and other ways help them at times ,

The thing which differs with me Whin, i am not into hunting because of hunting. I am into hunting because of my dogs. Had i not got hunting dogs (Albeit accidentally) years ago i would not be hunting today. The trapping is just something which progressed from the dogs to put pennies in the purse.

I dont get my 'buzz' from the kill, i get it from seeing the dogs do well :thumbs:

• Like 3

I was driving along the A689 near sedgefield last year and i clocked a deer running across a field closely followed by a black saluki X ..i pulled over and watched the event..the deer made it to cover and the dog ran back across the field to where ever it came from..but i enjoyed watching it.. :D ..the same as when i used to go watch the warterloo cup i used to love watching them coarsing grey's bombing along the field's at full speed after the hare.

i enjoy watching mine work especially after all the hard work that has gone into getting them to there peak but also keeping them at peak fitness..

but i also enjoy watching other dogs run, been out loads of times this season just to watch other dogs run! I was out Tuesday night watching my brothers dog run and watch Tomo's run i enjoyed every minute. :thumbs: