cleaning up a terrier

use peroxide diluted down a little more than recommended, get right in there with a syringe, path it dry & press down with strong type kitchen towel (one that wont break when pulled away) then use antiseptic powder, leave for a few hrs to dry then apply MULTIDERM, thats what I do anyway!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you find any then give me a shout! (think it's blue not green though)

Mutiderm is good gear

we use BETADINE dry powder povidone iodine, stops infection best gear i'v ever used

Peroxide is good when there is quiet abit of shit already in there, get the diluted peroxide in and let it

fizz all the shit out, clear that stuff away then some warm dettol water to keep it clean and some dry

cow in there, if you get it all done quick enough and keep it like that imo you wont be needing to pump

the dog with antibiotics etc all the time....

greens battle oil-from horse yard-first clean wound with salt water-dry -woundpowder to dry it up abit-then the greens oil-i squirt 5ml of amoxicillin the yellow stuck i get from doctors for my kids down dogs throat-and it stops all swelling and infection-and best of all keeps the wife of my back-i will use human eyedrops for the dogs as its no different to the stuff the vet charges 3 times more for-get the names of the medication from vets and look on line for the cheaper alternitives and save loads-when i first got with missis-she would take dogs to vets behind my back-the bill was triple 0s-now only go to vets if limbs broke /bitch need help in labour-and get yourself a skinstapler they dont cost much-if in doubt and the swelling dont go down in say 2 days-i would think about getting to vets asap-as you dont want no neglect charges againts you-and for f**k sake dont ever take your dog out in public if its had a good face full-and be carefull who you tell if you medicating dog yourself-never put dog back in ground until wounds are healed and hair covers it-never work em sore.atb

Edited by BLACKHEART

agree with peroxide :thumbs:

dose that not burn the shit out of a dog

Peroxide I personally think should be used if you missed a would and it's getting infected it will bubble it wright out definitely not a first choice

If your on a bout just cleaning minor cuts then betadeen surgical scrub or ibby scrub is I think the best use a sponge and wash the wound out and rub the sponge over the rest of the dog it's perfect for stopping infection

And if it's bad then amoxicillin plus keep washing the dog with the surgical scrub and it normally sorts out 90% of wounds