cleaning up a terrier

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you find any then give me a shout! (think it's blue not green though)

Mutiderm is good gear

we use BETADINE dry powder povidone iodine, stops infection best gear i'v ever used

agree with peroxide :thumbs:

dose that not burn the shit out of a dog

Never liked peroxide, yes it will stop any infection. but even diluted, doubled down. After a day or two the area in question was clean though more noticeable as any hair around that area disappeared too.

There are many topics on cleaning up a dog, do searches. If something is difficult to get, try something else you can get. I have known guys to just jab a dog with penicillin and chuck the dog in the Kennel......"he'll be alright, gave him a jab". Get the area clean, use a small sprayer or syringe and get cleaning solution right in and give the area a good clean. Any human antibiotic spray is good, used with a good wash out every day. Contact Lense solution is excellent for wounds too and no burning like peroxide solution (most guys have it too strong). A weak Virkon solution is good for helping clean wounds, along with several other things out there. Sudocrem, E45 cream, Udsal teat cream for cows etc, etc. Research, research, research......you owe it to the dog BEFORE any need for it. Several easy to get sprays out there in Chemists, besides Terramycin.

I thought I better add. I PERSONALLY take any Animal I have which is injured straight to a Vet, to get treatment and any prescribed medication.......which is my legal obligation.

Edited by Shamo

PEROXIDE doesnt burn a dog and it certainly doesnt loose its hair put it on with a syringe let all the crap bubble out then wash it of with cold water and sponge been using it for years had never any problems with it.

i saw a really promising white gould dog blinded by a lad useing peroxide. i can only assume he washed the dogs face with ir. or used a cloth. :blink: so anyone that is useing this please take care. as that was the end of the dogs working life.

just saying. putting it out thiere. as the saying goes common sense aint that common. :blink:

• Like 1

i have the gentian purple spray which came from an equestrian shop it works but nowhere near as good as terramycin .... terramycin is a GREEN spray but its obvious other people know better its the only thing im after as ive seen it with dogs that are badly marked and it heals them a treat ...... ill ask the local farmer where i have my permission for some thanks for the help good points and bad