last session of the year 2011

Last ferreting session of the year for me, as I'm busy tomorrow.

Just me Ben and The 'Tibbster' today. Bess still in the sick bay with stitches from Boxing days accident.

We were only going out for a couple of hours, as Ben and me were due lamping last night, but Mr Adventure was called to task by Mrs Adventure, and Gerron didnt have transport. So I had to give Ben an alternative outing as compensation.

We netted up the first warren, which was at least 30 holes, Ben has learnt his trade well, with the Dog tied up for stealth Mode, and Ben haing learnt our sign language, I had no hesitation in putting the Jills immediately down the holes..

DSC00187.jpg

After less than a minute, we rewarded with our first bolt the nets, and then instantly a second whilst we were still dealing with the first..

Good start and well worth the effort in netting up... Especially with Bess not being there to catch the fast runners... (Tibb is mainly a Lamp dog.)

DSC00191.jpg

We picked up the nets and moved on to the next warren.. Tibb marked and we netted up.. We were rewarded with bolt, which slipped a poorly set net and Tibster took chase... She kept on it for 2 complete fence jumps before it made ground.. So close but no kill... (comeback Bess , all is forgiven)

DSC00196.jpg

Moving on, we found another couple of warrens which proved unfruitful, until we hd another good mark from a shitey little two holler, but always trust your dog they say...so two nets down, I ferret in and two instant bolts.... Thanks Tibb..... I dropped one, which the dog mopped up for me...Thanks Tibb again.....

We chose another warren which the dog marked and put another 20 or so nets out..

DSC00188.jpg

1 Instant bolt, from a missed hole sent the dog on a long chase... The rabbit made a compound surrounded with 6 foot fence and he efforts were scuppered...

Another to nets...

We ended the very short session on 5

DSC00198.jpg

Ben did the honours on the paunching...

DSC00199.jpg

AN away home....

No more than two hours sport... But a great wee session none the less...

We even had an audience at one point...

DSC00208.jpg

• Like 2

nice to see the young un getting stuck in

my last trip of the year tomorrow, got some nice hedgerows lined up

albert

He does get stuck in, he's Beating on Monday, and Stalking on Tuesday :thumbs: His twin comes out as well, sometimes, but is not quite so keen..

Hope you have a fruitful end to the year!! :victory: