kelpie x greyhound pics plz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dam was a greyhound x whippet (grew) and the father was a kelpie. She hasnt ever opened up to date. She isnt perfect by a long way but i only work her as a hobby so i dont have the high standards

Not a kelpie x greyhound but a kelpie x grew bred as a ferreting dog and that all i use her for apart from a bit of bushing           she is about 22" at the shoulder

just out of interest, wat are kelpie x's like for opening up (yapping)?? just that i have seen a few pure kelpies work sheep and they are noisy feckers, never shut up

Posted Images

if your family maybe but dont no youse from adam but its not hard to train ethnik breeds once you learn what they have in there tank head etc saw me go out with 3 dogs at nite no leash etc no talking and there well behaved were i have saw some threleashes getting hauled about and a headache ,its al to do with socalising them and basicaly your the boss but not the master , some cant train dogs some cant i done it as akid , for some its nite mare

12345 why would you give thirty and more years of knowledge on apublic forum built up on face3 book pretenders , peddlars mate ,people who cant train a hamster to go round a wheel lol , got a five month old pup half way there jumpimh marling watching trying to get in on act but to young but no yelping etc or exitment as she is learning of old hands her next few months will be a bit fetching jumpin etc , its a rare gift being at one with you animals at times , but alot of hours in the feild to get there

• Like 1

ye but its true, not many people work as a team with animals , unles out alot on there own no distractions etc , how you at training dogs up to agood standard red

i dont do too bad whin, my dogs do what i want of them, i find the older i get the less i need to teach them :thumbs:

I've got three pure kelpies. One opens up on some rabbits and when she's treed a squirrel, one also opens up on treed squirrels and the third never makes a sound.

Is "treed" a real verb or am I making it up? :hmm:

ive seen it used by american hunters when hounds have made quarry like bears an coon go up a tree :D

no hopefully the wiser you get ,as age is nothing saw sixty year old dog trainers couldnt train a collie , age is nothing i one first obeidence things early twenties and had the saluks since then had to change my ways with them a bit but there geting there again , something that a peddlar or guy who buys ready made dogs will never have as them saluks are bad for re homing unles people are clever with it , i used to get fun puting my colie lurcher in these scurrys obeidence things and comin placed then away hunting coursing whatever , were all they had was there obeidence , good buzz as ayoungster we trained dogs as kids looking back at things , so was in you just one of these things nut always hunter first them trainer so thats were the secret lies

• Like 1

12345 why would you give thirty and more years of knowledge on apublic forum built up on face3 book  pretenders , peddlars mate ,people who cant train a hamster to go round a wheel lol , got a five month old pup half way there jumpimh marling watching trying to get in on act but to young but no yelping etc or exitment as she is learning of old hands her next few months will be a bit fetching jumpin etc , its a rare gift being at one with you animals at times , but alot of hours in the feild to get there

not saying you would and I know what you mean because I can have bullxs to a good standard but try the way I am with them on old fashion lurcher and you achieve f**k all but its vice versa aswell because the way I treat a traditional lurcher on a bullx and you get ignored basically