so whats classed as a jacker

Johnnie if quarry with teeth once caught has got up and been able to continue to run that means the dogs jacked does it not?

I'd say its a jacker if it spat its quarry.Theres a few exceptions sometimes dogs have a hold on the arse and unless they release and get a better hold the fox is just going to be shaken while connected to dogs face.A long and drawn out battle causing unnessacary punishment imo.

he spat it out and barked, recaught the thing 4-5-6 times. would that be jacking?

if he's got the stamina to get up and catch it 4 / 5 / 6 times then all it needs is to double up till it gets to grips on "its him / her or the given quarry"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck me, ten ton of variables on what is classed as a jacker on here, this is my tuppence worth.   First off a yapper ain't a jacker! Seen plenty of dogs that were loud down the beam kill foxes for

Any dog will jack if he is ran hard enough,they are only dogs not f*****g machines

A "jacker" to me, is a dog when, say, running a hare and it gives up or doesn't try, when there is nothing obviously wrong with it. No "heart", "minerals", "bottle", whatever you want to call it. A do

Johnnie if quarry with teeth once caught has got up and been able to continue to run that means the dogs jacked does it not?

I'd say its a jacker if it spat its quarry.Theres a few exceptions sometimes dogs have a hold on the arse and unless they release and get a better hold the fox is just going to be shaken while connected to dogs face.A long and drawn out battle causing unnessacary punishment imo.

he spat it out and barked, recaught the thing 4-5-6 times. would that be jacking?

Well if it didn't kill it after catching it so many times then yes.

Did it eventually kill it?

When talking about jackers theres so many variables that come into it but 90% of the time I'd say its down to piss poor entering, lots of lads get there dog for teeth and think its the real deal because usually its a bull x they buy, with the notion thats its got to be a stone cold killer due to being a bull x.Just because a dog looks ready(physically) they automatically think its ready ignoring the mental readiness of said dog and in a lot of jackers theres the crux of the problem.

• Like 2

When talking about jackers theres so many variables that come into it but 90% of the time I'd say its down to piss poor entering, lots of lads get there dog for teeth and think its the real deal because usually its a bull x they buy, with the notion thats its got to be a stone cold killer due to being a bull x.Just because a dog looks ready(physically) they automatically think its ready ignoring the mental readiness of said dog and in a lot of jackers theres the crux of the problem.

got the dog to jump over a gap in the hedge and he self entered mate with the help of my whippet

Feck me, ten ton of variables on what is classed as a jacker on here, this is my tuppence worth.

First off a yapper ain't a jacker! Seen plenty of dogs that were loud down the beam kill foxes for fun. It can be flustration or over keen BUT as long as the end result is there, it ain't jacked. That bitch in my avatar started off yapping and I remember being told by a chapter writing expert to get shut! Thankfully I got shut of him as a lamping partner and the bitch became the best i've owned.

To me a jacker shows its first signs on quarry, showing poor performance in it's killing (though it still may do), future runs will see changes too, sitting back, looking too hard for a hold, or just plain refusal to pull. If you know your dog you will see the difference, you'll know the difference and once its there, ain't no going back!

Now Johnny boy said sommat thats also relavant, because i've seen many a dog loose hold, sometimes after a suicidal strike and its only got a minimal ammount of quarry in its gob, or sometimes they've hit 'em so hard they never even got hold. Don't mean its jacked..!! Also, I wouldn't add collie crosses to all this, from my expierience, some of 'em can be funny buggers and pick and choose, even on rabbits, which don't mean the've jacked, they can just think about things a bit differently but again, you'd know if they did.

I'll also add, that if I had a dog that I thought was thinking the game was a bit too tough, i'd make damn sure i knew for 'fact' before writing it off and that may take a few flustraiting nights out.

It really can be a sickener when a dog spews, especially if you've raised it and its showed early promise. On here you'd think it's the end of the world if a dog jacks, folk use it as scource of ridicule, a way of belittleing someone!! Get a fecking grip!! They are Lurchers not fecking machines..! To me it can feel as bad as loosing a dog and shouldn't carry any shame.

• Like 5

Oi thick c**t, try using that pea sized thing between your ears before tpying you f*****g idiot

it wasnt a charlie mate, he has killed one of them since being rehomed single handed, we are on about the stinky things and iv never heard of a dog killing one just a fight untill the owner steps imo

Young fella I really think you should think before typing. :yes:

good shout......... shot and retreived

They didn't mean like that as they were made illegal in 1981, so if you shot 1 then say good bye to your certificates :yes:

So think what you are typing in future :thumbs:

christ that was before i was born didnt no that!

jacker,

again a big word and a big subject on these hunting forums,

its a dog that pulls up on its desired quarry,time and time again,as like us humans dogs can have of days

ive seen top bull xs that are 100% fox dogs pull on rabbits,are they jackers as they where never bred to take rabbits or run 40 to 50 runs a night they where bred for other things and 3 to 6 runs a night,

ive seen bedi whippets stop runin deer but run rabbits all night,so are they jackers???

ive seen collie xs pull up on rabbits but wow couldnt that dog handle a fox,

seen many a plummer terrier pack in on fox but take rats till there was hardly a nose left on them,

so this jackers topic is not quiet right and before branding any dog a jacker look at how and what that dog was bred for and its only when it pulls up on that quarry time and time again is the dog a jacker,

merry xmas,mullettt

im afraid it didnt johnny, it ran off

Respect for admitting that pal :yes: , most people wouldn't with their superdogs on here :toast:

bear, it wasnt my dog ya twat

It was just admit it :laugh: , my young bitch jacked on a rabbit and I'll admit it, fecking vet bill and a good lay off with a knacked wrist but she will be out killing them ninja rabbits again soon :victory:

• Like 1