Lurchers or Terriers?

hello,

iam moving out into the country soon and can't decide weather to get a terrier or a lurcher.

I would use a terrier for ratting, i could use it to get a job at the local farms.

And a lurcher for rabbits, hares etc.

i can only get one so whats your opinion?

id go for a lurcher mate, i dont hear mine unless it needs to go out for a shit, a little wine, nudge of the hand and she waits by the patio door lol great company and once you get em running its a good feeling..haha! just be patient with them thats what i found, diffrent breeds can be more sensitive than others but all need patience.

it's not that easy to get permission i'v just move to south Yorkshire from surrey. i have lecher's and terriers i placed one of my lecher's be for i moved up as i knew i did not have the land to run and fort id be able to just keep one going with the terrier's mooching but in a week i,v been stopped 3 time's just working her round the block and to go lamping i go back down south. it has got to the point i get stopped every time i go out. but can work any where with the terriers