Just getting into the raw meat and bones feeding and was wondering what the score is with pork bones one butcher said its ok the other said no. Any advice from you blokes will be taken over theirs as your the ones at grass roots. Cheers dudes

Pork is OK if a bit fatty at times.

It was traditionally avoided because of the likelyhood of parasites passing to the dogs.

As long as the bones are non weight baring and its in average amounts mixed with other meat and offal I dont see a huge problem feeding it.

• Like 2

Pork is OK if a bit fatty at times.

It was traditionally avoided because of the likelyhood of parasites passing to the dogs.

As long as the bones are non weight baring and its in average amounts mixed with other meat and offal I dont see a huge problem feeding it.

Agree,

I suppose as a meat its fairly high fat content but as long as its not the only thing they eat cant see it doing them any harm. I have not fed mine raw pork before but in the past I have picked up the left overs from hog roasts for free from the local pub (theres normally 30odd lbs of meat still on them) that they absolutly loved. I only fed them it one day in every three because of the fat mind.

I wouldnt feed them weight baring bones either but thats the same with anything

ive given my dogs meaty pork bones with no ill effects ,and i always feed raw, as a rule my dogs have eaten meaty pork bones at least once or twice per week,i asked about feeding pork on another forum and ive been assured that its ok in sensible amounts .but its like anything else new i always give the dogs a small amount first to see how they react.if my memory is correct i think pork has about 2 1/2 times more fat than chicken.