failed workers

the point of this topic was to prove that everybodys idea of what a good dog and whats a failed dog is different. once you get past all the bullshite and expanding chests its simple if you happy with the dog thats it, end of. other peoples opinions dont matter as long as your happy with it thats all that matters. atb paulus

thumbs.gif

so if your happy with your failed dog then so be it .......but breeding from them .....????you was give a bitch that did not do fox and at 3 season in the lad had a good idear it was not going to do the job in hand ......so you spend time breeding off her ........ :thumbs: look in your avatar that gives it away lol you know the rest lol .........

post-20740-0-35529000-1321046986.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thats your opinion, in mine if more people culled there would be a lot less in rescue centres, dumped, sold on the merry go round and alot less shit out there

I was given a dog before that was classed as a failed fox dog (collie/ghound x bull/ghound)and i gave him to a friend of mine because he wouldn't settle in my yard with my other dogs,but the lad i gav

If ye buy a pup or adult dog for a specific task and it cant fulfil that task its a failure and no good to ye simples,if the dog can fulfil other tasks for somebody else and there happy with it fair e

Posted Images

every dog is different ,and i think you can only blame yourself sometimes for the way your dog has turned out ,some people havent got a clue about how to get a dog going , you got to give a dog a fair chance and know its limits and by that i mean some take to it quick and some dont ,

every dog is different ,and i think you can only blame yourself sometimes for the way your dog has turned out ,some people havent got a clue about how to get a dog going , you got to give a dog a fair chance and know its limits and by that i mean some take to it quick and some dont ,

so whats your take on a dog in its 3rd season not up to the job ?????

dont talk in riddles lol, whats your point?? a dog in its 3rd season that wont/cant do its job is a failure ;)

for a 1 nighter thats all fair an well, but to have an unfit dog out working REGULAR is something only a fool would do an expect anything other than disaster

Again it depends on your definition of regular ie is a dog that gets 20 + runs over the weekend fitter than one that gets two or three runs over the course of a week?

for a 1 nighter thats all fair an well, but to have an unfit dog out working REGULAR is something only a fool would do an expect anything other than disaster

Again it depends on your definition of regular ie is a dog that gets 20 + runs over the weekend fitter than one that gets two or three runs over the course of a week?

none a them are fit if that all they get :laugh::tongue2: where i come from a dog must earn his keep if he cannot he cant have kennel space :angel: an my definition of regular is most days/night

i was on about a pup , but if its in its 3rd season and you been doing what you thinks right with the dog ,then its up to you and how high your standards are in what you want your dog to do ,

• Like 1

good post , you will always have failed workers.What people forget is even from top class parents that have been tested to the full, you still get pups in the litter that (dont) pick up there genes from mom+dad. just look at people you can have some who are doctor or pro boxers etc ... dont mean the kids will follow suit. With dogs apbt, not all fron the same litter will make top+game fighting dog ,you might 2 from 8 pups that will be as good as there parents, same with racing dogs or sheep dogs you get good'ns but alot never make it .!! So with a lurcher just the same you need that bit of luck when you pick (your) pup. :yes:

Oh please don't compare what a Apbt has to do to make the grade compared to what the average lurcher is expected.Put in the work and most lurchers will do just fine.

Ive seen some late starters turn good after a time, and most people I know are usually willing to wait, but the best dogs I know of are the ones that take to work straight away, usually needing holding back, rather than gently easing into it.

i would stay clear of dogs that are slow or late starters,not saying there no good,but lifes to short to be waiting on dogs that take 2 seasons to get going

And therein lies the problem and we wonder why so many dogs get passed on

dont talk in riddles lol, whats your point?? a dog in its 3rd season that wont/cant do its job is a failure ;)

3rd season :laugh: the lad said it couldnt do hare regular as she lacked the speed and stamina, not fox, he didnt give it me, i brought her, remind me again when you saw this bitch work??? the bitch is 11 now :laugh: retired as a family pet in home. the pups your on about are 4yrs old next month :laugh: ive still got a dog i kept back out of the mating, good dog he is too, glad to say all the others ive herd from are doing well aswell. mind ive got his father aswell :laugh:

i give mines plenty road work walking behind qaud on farm running wouldnt expect dogs to come of couch to run nightly weather 1 big run or twenty,saw som einfit dogs at lurchers shows with not a mark on them and the owners swear they work etc terrible state ive saw dogs some with feet like slippers as they hadnt seen a road etc or fitnes to any degree

• Like 1

dont talk in riddles lol, whats your point?? a dog in its 3rd season that wont/cant do its job is a failure wink.png

3rd season laugh.png the lad said it couldnt do hare regular as she lacked the speed and stamina, not fox, he didnt give it me, i brought her, remind me again when you saw this bitch work??? the bitch is 11 now laugh.png retired as a family pet in home. the pups your on about are 4yrs old next month laugh.png ive still got a dog i kept back out of the mating, good dog he is too, glad to say all the others ive herd from are doing well aswell. mind ive got his father aswell laugh.png

we both know diffrent dont we .........i stud in the lads shed telling him that you bitch did this and did that he just laght and then gave a difrent account on the dog as it was is wife that ask if you still had here ...........and the pup you had of mars then had the sier dont make it a dog you breed ......so laugh it off :hi: and as for seeing the bitch work then no.... old dog show there marks and she has non not one .....lol

dont talk in riddles lol, whats your point?? a dog in its 3rd season that wont/cant do its job is a failure wink.png

3rd season laugh.png the lad said it couldnt do hare regular as she lacked the speed and stamina, not fox, he didnt give it me, i brought her, remind me again when you saw this bitch work??? the bitch is 11 now laugh.png retired as a family pet in home. the pups your on about are 4yrs old next month laugh.png ive still got a dog i kept back out of the mating, good dog he is too, glad to say all the others ive herd from are doing well aswell. mind ive got his father aswell laugh.png

we both know diffrent dont we .........i stud in the lads shed telling him that you bitch did this and did that he just laght and then gave a difrent account on the dog as it was is wife that ask if you still had here ...........and the pup you had of mars then had the sier dont make it a dog you breed ......so laugh it off :hi: and as for seeing the bitch work then no.... old dog show there marks and she has non not one .....lol

why would you be talking about a dog thats not yours and youve never seen run???? surely you would be talking about your own dogs!!!!

just spoke to the lad he tells it the same way as me, he will post later, dont know a mars know a marsey but ive never had a pup off him mate, the pup you refer too is 4 next month and i can assure you i bred it as ive got the dam and sire still here. as ive said before you havent seen her run nor will you as shes 11. carnt really see what you obession is with my dogs.

why would you be talking about a dog thats not yours and youve never seen run???? surely you would be talking about your own dogs!!!!

just spoke to the lad he tells it the same way as me, he will post later, dont know a mars know a marsey but ive never had a pup off him mate, the pup you refer too is 4 next month and i can assure you i bred it as ive got the dam and sire still here. as ive said before you havent seen her run nor will you as shes 11. carnt really see what you obession is with my dogs.

:help:........................... =@