Milldean Panther

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

it said on sky other week that he would never race in england in the derby and would stay

in ireland to race ??

William Hills have cut him down from 16/1 to 14/1 after two sizable five figure sums were placed on him in the London area for next years English Derby

Y.I.S Leeview

• 2 months later...

Anybody see this lad run last night in the SIS Gold Cup? Didn't break, sandwiched between 2 and 4, bumped on the first and second bend and still just motored away from the field to win in 29.80.

This lad is something special.

After reading the above I thought it must've been some performance so I watched the video on the IGB site.

At trap rise the one dog came out infront and the rest broke even, there was a slight coming together between 2,3 and 4

on the run up but 4 came off the worst. At the first bend there was slight bumping between 1 and 3 [Panther] but in

behind the 4 dog got checked between the bends. After the second bend it was just a matter of time before Panther

went past the leader. I thought both the first and second ran well.

Talking about performances, have a look at Razldazl billy in the 2007 champion stakes final.

ohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfSuOyXdOQAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfSuOyXdOQAylesports Champion Stakes Final

Edited by tote

He's a cracking dog, 11 out of 11, here's the link to the video from last night in the SIS Gold Cup. He had an unlucky race but still managed to power on through!!

No doubt about it he's a cracking dog but I can't work out how you think he had an unlucky race. :hmm:

He's a cracking dog, 11 out of 11, here's the link to the video from last night in the SIS Gold Cup. He had an unlucky race but still managed to power on through!!

No doubt about it he's a cracking dog but I can't work out how you think he had an unlucky race. :hmm:

He didn't trap as well as what he is capable of and got slightly sandwiched at the start, i wouldn't call that very lucky.

He didn't trap as well as what he is capable of and got slightly sandwiched at the start, i wouldn't call that very lucky.

Trapping is part of the race, he didn't trap like he can but that was down to him not because of anything else so can't be

classed as being unlucky, remember he trapped aswell as 4 other runners. Sure there was a slight coming together on the run up which was caused by him not trapping aswell as he could but he wasn't baulked, checked etc. If you watch the video you will see that both the 2 and 4 dogs come of worse on the run up and again between the bends the 4 got baulked so I would say he was the unlucky dog in the race. Milldean Panther actually had a mostly incident free run after not coming out as good as he can.

Is it true they refused 150,000 for him?

They reckon he could break .28 yet, wouldn't that be a record?

Leeview Jet holds the National record for the distance at 27.88 set last year

Y.I.S Leeview

Surely Leeview Jets record cannot count? Alright on paper he holds it but the two dogs to break 28.00 in this country are Leeview and Catunda Harry. Harry ended up an average open class dog very suspect in a few races. Leeview in his prime has turned out a quality dog as the Laurels and his Shelbourne vitory have shown, but his record round Drumbo is a disgrace. That dog could not do 27.88 if he was tied to the hare. The track was 0.50 fast every week leading up to the final and in all honesty I dont think the dog did that time because on the night he did it the times were fairly decent the track was not on fire as it had been. I honestly believe the dog did not do that time. And it has ruined Drumbo park for those that regularly use it! Who would buy a dog based on Drumbo form when the track tells you they have at the time (not in his prime but when he did the 27.88 run) an averaege open class dog can bust the national record. I cant stress it enough the dog is a machine in his prime but anyone who things that dog on a normal track could do 27.88 at that time is kidding themselves. When you see pups bred out of Drumbo bitches they automatically go down a grade on your head and it is all down to the apparent run of Leeview. I have myself used the advantage that the track has. Taking a dog to Lifford or Shelbourne and if it is graded A3 round lifford or shelbourne you can bet it will do A1 round Drumbo. Put Leeview, Catunda Harry and Milldean Panther in a race at their prime and see who wins . Milldean in his prime will break 28.00 round Shelbourne, Leeview at the most 28.30 and the less said about Harry the better. And surely Drumo cant count when they dont follow IGB rules and regulations with no drug testing. As good a dog as he is Leeview has been bad for the game and Milldean is exactly what the game needed when it was going no where but down.