Dog spewed big time

Well went out with two mates today to a spot of theirs to help a keeper out, 3 inexperienced dogs in tow as others layed up. First spot proved to be a bit of a f*ck about long story short, we moved on. Next spot my dog marked one of several entrances to a nice earth. Collared one dog up to no avail, then collated my dog up and off he went, ten mins later old red tried to bolt but spotted me and shot back in, my dog kept going to one spot for two or three minutes the showing, after a handful of times I lifted him and we put a bitch in, she went strait to the spot were my dog was going and bang, dog on, 0.6 was the mark and five mins later, the pheasant killer was humainly dispatched. Always gutted when a dog spews but i've held this one back nicely and taken my time, he just hasn't got the minerals, shit happens eh! Terrier-less for the season by looks of it.

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

try it in a stop end whats that going to prove

At least the mans genuine and told the truth.. That alone spells RESPECT to me. Hard lines mate. Keep trying for the standards you desire.

Well went out with two mates today to a spot of theirs to help a keeper out, 3 inexperienced dogs in tow as others layed up. First spot proved to be a bit of a f*ck about long story short, we moved on

Not young fellman, 3 yr old and been to ground several times, with not alot of positives every time. Put it like this, he showed his true colours when given the chance today ;) not wanting to go into too much detail but if he was going to go there wasn't a better time or place to do it than today.

• Like 1

so just to comfirm a young inexperienced dog fails once and thats it?.............. :huh:

BIG difference between an inexperienced Terrier not being able to find a way through or struggle to keep in a stop end AND a Terrier getting there working for a bit and then keep going in and coming out once it's been up to the prey. Especially when then it gets dug in the same spot with another Terrier. A cur is a cur!

fair enough just the post reads three inexperianced dogs................. .then its three years old forgive me my bad............... if its three and quit do what you have to ....... yis fellman

Edited by fellman

you gotta do what you gotta do mate, sp.w told me your bad news erlier today just after our own epic little dig. the longest and most awkward three footers ever, not a digging man really and now i know why! im sure somthing will come up for the coming season!

matt