BeddieXwhippet

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a first cross non-ped whippet x bedlington he's just mated my non-ped first x whippet greyhound

two of my beddy whippets , one's a first cross and the other a 3/4 cross , excellent little hunting dog........

i have a first cross bed/whippet thats just over 18 months and is coming on very well at ferreting and lamping and will tackle any cover. However, if your looking to not just lamp rabbits or hares if

Posted Images

I have a beddy/whippet 1st cross with a bit of greyhound in as the whippet line was both kc and non ped racer. Turned out small at 18 1/4". Got her for ferrreting, marking and ratching dykes etc. She is marking great has a excellent nose will face any cover and is 100% with ferrets and livestock. She has caught a few daytime rabbits and caught a few that slip the nets. Had her on the lamp a few times and is going ok, was hunting up but got that sorted now. Dont go heavy on her maybe 6 runs, she is very sharp i ran 5 the other night caught 4. I also have a border terrier which yaps like hell when on a rabbit, dont take it ferreting, but have them over the fields everyday. Now the little beddy/whippet is having the odd yap in daytime. Cant be frustration as she is catching a fair few and for size is fairly fast. Been quiet on lamp up to press but had a odd yap on one the other night. I only lamp to get it sharp and fit and if i get 6 decent runs it is off home, if she runs gets 6 decent runs will nearly aways get 3 plus. That is what puzzles me in the fact that she catches plenty. I also just take the dog on the lamp on its own. Anyway what i am getting around to is that i would go for a beddy/greyhound first cross if you want a first cross as you should still get the excellent hunting instinct but should be gaurenteed a decent heigh (20" plus). Also just my personal opinion but i would stay away from non ped racers and stick to kc coursing whippets, my father raced non peds for years and they can be yappy things. My bitch has the best racing lines possible in it but i think speed is all you get. My bitch is just 16 months so i am hoping this odd yap thing is just a blip, also i am leaving the terrier at home. Whatever happens she will be going nowhere as she is a great little ferreting dog which is what i got her for.

Little bitch is making a cracking ferreting dog, great marker and will hunt the thickest cover, 100% with ferrets and livestock. Catching often daytime now when ferreting, seems to be getting in the right places. Since she has muscled up a bit she has gained the sharpness needed for catching bolters. These little dogs are great little hunters and would compliment working with a bigger dog as they will hunt cover like a terrier and also catch a few. The bitch is usefull on the lamp also, never done big numbers as she is just young and lamping is just an extra, she is a ferreting dog. I am totaly happy with the prey drive, nose and obedience is good. I will put a whippet x greyhound over her in a few years for my next one.

The second pic i put on by mistake but i will leave it on, he was a bedlington lurcher i had 20 odd years ago. He was whippet/greyhound x greyhound/bedlington 23". Very similar traits to the little bitch i have now.

skipton005.jpg

BEN.jpg

Edited by lifelong cumbrian
  • Like 1

I have a beddy/whippet 1st cross with a bit of greyhound in as the whippet line was both kc and non ped racer. Turned out small at 18 1/4". Got her for ferrreting, marking and ratching dykes etc. She is marking great has a excellent nose will face any cover and is 100% with ferrets and livestock. She has caught a few daytime rabbits and caught a few that slip the nets. Had her on the lamp a few times and is going ok, was hunting up but got that sorted now. Dont go heavy on her maybe 6 runs, she is very sharp i ran 5 the other night caught 4. I also have a border terrier which yaps like hell when on a rabbit, dont take it ferreting, but have them over the fields everyday. Now the little beddy/whippet is having the odd yap in daytime. Cant be frustration as she is catching a fair few and for size is fairly fast. Been quiet on lamp up to press but had a odd yap on one the other night. I only lamp to get it sharp and fit and if i get 6 decent runs it is off home, if she runs gets 6 decent runs will nearly aways get 3 plus. That is what puzzles me in the fact that she catches plenty. I also just take the dog on the lamp on its own. Anyway what i am getting around to is that i would go for a beddy/greyhound first cross if you want a first cross as you should still get the excellent hunting instinct but should be gaurenteed a decent heigh (20" plus). Also just my personal opinion but i would stay away from non ped racers and stick to kc coursing whippets, my father raced non peds for years and they can be yappy things. My bitch has the best racing lines possible in it but i think speed is all you get. My bitch is just 16 months so i am hoping this odd yap thing is just a blip, also i am leaving the terrier at home. Whatever happens she will be going nowhere as she is a great little ferreting dog which is what i got her for.

Little bitch is making a cracking ferreting dog, great marker and will hunt the thickest cover, 100% with ferrets and livestock. Catching often daytime now when ferreting, seems to be getting in the right places. Since she has muscled up a bit she has gained the sharpness needed for catching bolters. These little dogs are great little hunters and would compiment working with a bigger dog as they will hunt cover like a terrier and also catch a few. The bitch is usefull on the lamp also, never done big numbers as she is just young and lamping is just an extra, she is a ferreting dog. I am totaly happy with the prey drive, nose and obedience is good. I will put a whippet x greyhound over her in a few years for my next one.

skipton005.jpg

BEN.jpg

She sounds like a great dog and she looks nice too, I hope mine turn out like her :thumbs:

I've got 3/4 whip 1/4 beddy god little rabbiter, quick can turn on a sixpence and runs the lamp well and ferrets ( the sister to troters dog), brothers got a first x, to e fair hasn't done as much but is really driven hits any cover and is full on, needs to calm down a bit on the lamp but that should come. Good rabbiting dogs with big hearts :thumbs:

First x on the left of pic 3/4 on the right

photo-1.jpg

two of my beddy whippets , one's a first cross and the other a 3/4 cross , excellent little hunting dog........

Is the 3/4 out of the 1/2 bred. Nice looking dogs.

thanks.....the 1/2 bred is the sire to the other and i have a black bitch out of the same litter she's smooth coated the other five pups were rough coated.........three were just like yours.......................

bedlingtonxwhippet002.jpg

This is a first cross non-ped whippet x bedlington he's just mated my non-ped first x whippet greyhound

Aww So wat he is lovely, how did u get him to stand so elegantly, have tried many a time to get that stance with my 9 mth bed whippet,but he is such scatty numpty at the moment as soon as you try to make him pose he flops and trys to do somersaults,\i\ am hoping one day he will look as good as your dog :D

bedlingtonxwhippet002.jpg

Aww So wat he is lovely, how did u get him to stand so elegantly, have tried many a time to get that stance with my 9 mth bed whippet,but he is such scatty numpty at the moment as soon as you try to make him pose he flops and trys to do somersaults,\i\ am hoping one day he will look as good as your dog :D

TO SO WHAT, sorry put reply on wrong.

Nice dog, keep us informed about how the pups do please, i would probably line my first cross with a whip/grey so would be very interested to see how your turn out, thanks.

Edited by lifelong cumbrian