lurchers and bushing

Guest long-tail

Take my collie cross out every day with my 2 beddys for a good mooch about it's great to watch the 2 beddys in the undergrowth and the lurcher just waiting for what they flush not the most productive ways if your after. Numbers of rabbits but sometimes go home with a few hard worked for rabbits on the dogs behalf. If I take the lurcher by her self she seems to go into another mode and uses her nose a lot more to find what she's after never tried her on the lamp but her parents were first class and all her siblings have made the grade but for me a good day time mooch and a couple of bunnys in the bag will do.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few good bushing spots can make for a very rewarding season,whatever gets missed will be there next time,hopefully,the dogs learn more from the experience and seem to genuinely enjoy the occasion,th

There's always a few try the field when hard pushed by the pups,WM

1 is mainly beddy/greyhound/whippet thats my mate foggy who comes out with me a lot and the other is mine thats a lurcher to lurcher bred really that came off a quality coursing bitch over a collie/de

Posted Images

I love a bit of bushing, we usually go every Sunday but over the last few months real life and a lack of rabbits has meant we've been out less. Nothing better than watching a pack that all know each other and work well together

love a good mooch out with the dogs thats the best way to fetch a young dog on they get right in to the groove marking the cover and who knows what will come flying out had some great days out and i find it steadies the dogs up because they are learning all the time atb troter

My dogs bush everyday and if you put enough work in they do become a very proficient team,its very rare I come home empty handed and its not all about rabbits either,I'm bringing on 2 young terriers (17 wks) I bred in the summer at the moment and they are bushing and catching well already,we've always worked cover hard (40yrs) and some days the terriers catch more than the lurchers,good hunting,WM

kept bushing dogs for a long time now allways add a spainal or begal as to many sets here and ive found just terrier DONT MIND POPING DOWN :censored: :censored: it keeps the lurchers in top shape i dont catch many lot of earths in the cover but my bushers do ok

Lovely looking dogs. What lurchers are they?

1 is mainly beddy/greyhound/whippet thats my mate foggy who comes out with me a lot and the other is mine thats a lurcher to lurcher bred really that came off a quality coursing bitch over a collie/deerhound/greyhound,so there is a real mix in there,she's 3yrs old now and I could'nt begin to list the amount of game she catches every week,thanks,WM

• Like 1
Guest long-tail

My dogs bush everyday and if you put enough work in they do become a very proficient team,its very rare I come home empty handed and its not all about rabbits either,I'm bringing on 2 young terriers (17 wks) I bred in the summer at the moment and they are bushing and catching well already,we've always worked cover hard (40yrs) and some days the terriers catch more than the lurchers,good hunting,WM

show off :laugh: just kidding great pics looks like you certainly get some good sport there,cracking team of dogs by the looks :thumbs:

Edited by long-tail

As im only recently into hunting but always loved being out with the dogs, find that mooching is a great way to be out with the dogs, more relaxed and sociable, can knock something up and the dogs enjoy having a good sniff and rumage in the brambles without being worked to hard, i love going for a mooch personally but havent had enough time out on the lamp yet!

cant beat it, out 7 days a week, each day about 4 hrs, we walk miles, view fox, badger, weasels , just me n the doggies and overhead buzzards calling, loads of permission, pic taken today, couldnt give a monkies if we dunna cop out, its just nice to be out theer :victory:

Could'nt of said it better myself mate,you can't beat a decent daytime walk especially at the moment,this is a great time of year as the seasons change,good hunting and nice dog by the way,atb,WM