Brother and Sister mating ??

Loads of replys to this, but buy the sounds of it, little in the way of experiance...lol...bro x sis breedings can, and WILL produce VERY good animals, depending on how high the quality of the stock being used is!...just ask any succesful breeder of Bulldogs, racing pigeons etc....i know the Bull dog lads over here breed very tight, and i MEAN tight...i have two terriers on my yard that are so tightly bred, its crazy...there real nice dogs....if the brother and sister are great at there jobs, then i would make the breeding...you would be best of keeping an eye on them, any with defects should be dealt with early.

the worst thing you can do is start in breeding or line breeding over 90% of champion racing pigeons are crosses line breeding or inbreeding has ruined the pigeon game people looking into pedigrees to much and saying this bird has to be good as it has this so called champion in it so many times only have to look at any of the national champs in Belgium this year the home of pigeon racing to find that they all race crosses

i just hope lurcher men dont go down the same road with line breeding inbreeding etc

breed best to best you wont go to far wrong

there will always be exception to every rule

They may be "racing" the crosses but what are they crossing to get "the cross".

in pigeon racing there no such thing as a pure breed pigeon so there all crossed

in pigeon racing they cross two pure bred lines to produce racing pigeons

what is a pure breed racing pigeon ive never seen one

do you keep pigeons what familys do you race

i do mate i have different familys soonjens etc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loads of replys to this, but buy the sounds of it, little in the way of experiance...lol...bro x sis breedings can, and WILL produce VERY good animals, depending on how high the quality of the stock b

he went to prison for it

i think its abitt close that one mate cousens yes same litter not what i would do

Posted Images

Loads of replys to this, but buy the sounds of it, little in the way of experiance...lol...bro x sis breedings can, and WILL produce VERY good animals, depending on how high the quality of the stock being used is!...just ask any succesful breeder of Bulldogs, racing pigeons etc....i know the Bull dog lads over here breed very tight, and i MEAN tight...i have two terriers on my yard that are so tightly bred, its crazy...there real nice dogs....if the brother and sister are great at there jobs, then i would make the breeding...you would be best of keeping an eye on them, any with defects should be dealt with early.

the worst thing you can do is start in breeding or line breeding over 90% of champion racing pigeons are crosses line breeding or inbreeding has ruined the pigeon game people looking into pedigrees to much and saying this bird has to be good as it has this so called champion in it so many times only have to look at any of the national champs in Belgium this year the home of pigeon racing to find that they all race crosses

i just hope lurcher men dont go down the same road with line breeding inbreeding etc

in pigeon racing there no such thing as a pure breed pigeon so there all crossed

there ya are familys soonjens jansen based what do you cross them with...and if you get a good racer it will probably produce f**k all but it goes back into the family

there ya are familys soonjens jansen based what do you cross them with...and if you get a good racer it will probably produce f**k all but it goes back into the family

you should be on the pigeon section not dogs go away

cross them with a few different strains as i said mate the best racers breeders in the world today are crosses name a few of what you think are the worlds top bredders look in the ped there crosses ;)

tom was Janssen based from Jos Soontjen's fathers pigeons, the VanHerstraeten hen was an introduction from a neighbour that kicked it all off as a super line so a cross

Edited by richie1000

If line breeding or inbreeding (whatever you want to call it!?) is good enough for world class Greyhounds, and the worlds finest canine (Bulldogs) then its good enough for me, and that is THE very reason i'll be (and am in the process of doing) with both my running dogs AND my terriers!...IF the said dogs being used have genetic faults, then of course weird shit will show up!...if you are lucky enough, to have the time/space/money/work for this kind of project, then i feel the Pro's far outweigh the Con's!...i dont sell dogs, so i dont have to worry about that, stock is just gifted to close friends who i trust to work the animals hard but fairly, then we go from there....if strange things show up, then deal with it, but is that any different from regular culls in a 'normal' litter?...cant see the difference.

If you know a line of dog, and like what it has to offer, why would you NOT try and fix that certain trait/stamp?....you know what they say.."Incest is the best, put your sister to the test!"...lol.

Kye..

Has any of yous done or no people thats lined brother and sister from the same litter? Is it possible? If any of yous or know people that have would you give me information Cheers
i bred the dog on the right with is own sister.

the bitch on the left was one of the litter. there were no problems with any of the offspring.

if you want to line breed to get the genes back its grand sire x grand daughter or grand dam x granson then cross the litters back in again, brother and sister mating is to close, you might get away with it sometimes but you will fook it up eventuly and just bred disformed or mental pups.

Have seen it happen in dogs, and i also use to race pigeons for over 20 years and have line breed for that long and kept the line going with great success.ITS EASIER SAID THAN DONE.