Thinking about a R10 mk 2

Hi Guys,

Right im currently looking for a pcp and ive narrowed it down to two - the hw100 and the r10. Both seem to do everything i want but i must admit i do find the r10 more appealing.

One thing ive noticed alot tho is people getting the r10 blueprinted and shortened, i just want to check that this rifle is still up to the task of hunting straight from the box and blueprinting is just to refine the whole thing? I dont really want to spend 600 odd on a rifle that needs another 300 + spent on it to be good.

I do like the idea of getting the barrel shortened and i will probably end up getting this done later on.

What sort of price would i be looking at for a barrel shortening and blue printing and is it really necessary ?

I know that the hw100 is a cracking gun straight from the box but i do find it a bit ugly compared to the r10.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the link davy but for some reason the vid got removed from youtube by the user .

Hi Tom

well i was there and it was grouping well within a 5 pence piece @ 30mtrs,but not as tight as a AAS410K .177 :laugh:

Davy

haha that sounds like some bloody good groupings to me! and that was a totally standard r10? Do you think its a bit overly long when its got an additional silencer? I was thinking about shortening the barrel to over come this but probably wouldnt do it straight away.

Hi i would go for HW100 you will get a lot more gun for your money like 2 magazines the best silencer and cocking system. You don't have to spend another £150 plus to get wright .If you like a shorter gun then go for a kt,or ks that's my opinion for whats it worth.

Hi i would go for HW100 you will get a lot more gun for your money like 2 magazines the best silencer and cocking system. You don't have to spend another £150 plus to get wright .If you like a shorter gun then go for a kt,or ks that's my opinion for whats it worth.

i know what you mean about the cocking system, mags and silencer. but the hw100 is also 150 more than the mk2. or i could get a karbine hw100.

hmmm decisions decisions. the one thing thats making the decision hard is the lenght of the r10. im a pretty small guy so the carbine hw100 would suit me better, if only the r10 came in a shorter barrel option!

the hw100 does also seem to be alot more robust which is a positive because its mainly going to be used for hunting but in .177 will still be good for some HFT later on.

saying that tho, i will be using the rifle mainly with a bipod or shooting sticks so lenght of barrel wouldnt really be that important and its not even that long when you compare it to air arms classic s410 or some of the falcon range.

Edited by Tom21

Its just hit me in the face like a cold trout, why am i so concerned about spending another 200 on the mark 2 to get it blue printed? Ive spent 800 on guitars before now only to rip out the electronics and upgrade them, without a second thought. The r10 is just too attractive to my eye, the hw100 is a great gun of this i have no doubt but i think il get more pleasure from an r10.

Its just hit me in the face like a cold trout, why am i so concerned about spending another 200 on the mark 2 to get it blue printed? Ive spent 800 on guitars before now only to rip out the electronics and upgrade them, without a second thought. The r10 is just too attractive to my eye, the hw100 is a great gun of this i have no doubt but i think il get more pleasure from an r10.

I thought the same mate and there is no doubt the r10 is the better looking gun but I got rid of mine to get hw100 and it was the right choice I have never looked back.

hi tom,i bought the mk1 r10 which was reported to have some issue's,not so with mine and probably many others.straight from the box giving like davey say's 5p group's at 30yrd's.my gun did'nt need a blueprint i thought i'd make a good gun into an awesome one , and thats what john bowkett did.don't forget j.b puts a life time guarantee on his work :thumbs: .you've got a tough decision to make mate both rifles will out perfom the shooter any day..ste

CIMG0160.jpg

CIMG0159.jpg

i had a hw100ks 22

http://mob1033.photobucket.com/albums/a418/xraiderx61/DSC00265.jpg'>http://mob1033.photobucket.com/albums/a418/xraiderx61/DSC00265.jpg

cracking gun but started doing alot more target shooting and hw only give about 60 good shots per fill so did a straight swap

for a air ranger but didnt feel right.

so got a new r10 as good as the hw out of the box

http://mob1033.photobucket.com/albums/a418/xraiderx61/DSC00265.jpg

shortend and blueprinted by mr bowkett well worth the £190 :thumbs:

CHEERS

GARRICK