Quick Shine

Perfect weather for the lamp tonight so set of around 1.00am to a local spot. I was kinda hoping that it hadn't been touched yet but a quick sweep with the lamp soon put me straight on that as the few bunny's in the field bolted straight for the hedge line. Not a good start so toddled on and in the second field two rabbits were feeding quite far out, lamp on and the first was off toward the hedges. The other one clamped in the field spreading itself flat on the ground hoping to avoid being spotted.

Got to within a few feet of it before its nerve broke and it headed in the direction of it's buddy. Couple of turns and a nice take and I'm of the mark with my first coney.

Walked on a bit and another rabbit just sitting out from the fence line eyes us warily. I'm thinking no chance here but flicked the lamp on anyway. Instead of hopping through the fence ol bugs heads back into the field, slip the dog and the rabbit makes the mistake of trying to run in a straight line and gets picked off easily for number two.

On to the last field and a quick sweep with the lamp highlights a few bunnies out feeding in the long grass. Unfortunately these are the vetrans who've seen it before and as soon as the light hits them they're off I walk along the edge hoping for a straggler who's not so smart and get lucky as I spy one chomping away in the long grass oblivious to us slowly getting closer. Again got to within a few feet before it's spider sense kicks in the dog's already seen it moving through the grass and is straining on the lead. Quick slip and short run and number three hits the sack.

So head back to the car as the wind drops and the rain starts to come down heavy that'll do me for the night back in the house for 3.00am job done.

post-17796-0-05819100-1319257045_thumb.jpg

well done there bud 3 is better than 0 :thumbs:

3 is good mate :thumbs: around here theve got a turbo boost on the short pasture :laugh: alot of people think of rabbits as easy and yes in the right terrain they can be, but if you run pasture,golf courses, football pitches etc then its a totally diffent ball game :laugh:

well done there bud 3 is better than 0 :thumbs:

3 is good mate :thumbs: around here theve got a turbo boost on the short pasture :laugh: alot of people think of rabbits as easy and yes in the right terrain they can be, but if you run pasture,golf courses, football pitches etc then its a totally diffent ball game :laugh:

Defo agree there we got some footy pitches down here witch we have ran on and the rabbits fly

well done with what you got, i think it gets harder every year, as more take up lamping either with dog or gun, so if not caught most are lamp shy.By me 10 years ago could 20 a week, now your lucky to get 8 , with mixy+ over lamped you got no chance in alot of places :yes:

well done with what you got, i think it gets harder every year, as more take up lamping either with dog or gun, so if not caught most are lamp shy.By me 10 years ago could 20 a week, now your lucky to get 8 , with mixy+ over lamped you got no chance in alot of places :yes:

Aye mate it's shocking round here,there's still wee pockets that hold well in the right conditions but overall if you want big bags you have to travel 150mls round trip... Even then there's no guarantee's. The arse is getting kicked out the lamping game here, to many lamps and not enough game.....f**k I'm even competing with the developers some of the fields are lit up so brightly you don't need a lamp.... Think I'm having a. Victor Meldrew moment.