who feeds ther dogs before the work them

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A gap of 4 - 6 hours before working the dog is fine, but feeding a main meal directly before working your dog is just plain stupid

dont feed mines atl id lamping hard or daylite get fed when they get home afte here shift , if anything i give them plenty to drink in warm nites ,i just watch the dogs and you get to no when they hav

you wont get the wobbles (hypoglysemia) as you put it,, if you give them some food befor mate... there you go ,, you see your never to old to lern somthing of here

i have done both methods, feeding befor bed,, then if lamping dont feed.

but i much prefer, feeding at teatime 4-5-6 pm,, that way if your out lamping from 12 midnight , they have had 6-8 hours to start digesting there food.

if you thnk about it,, lads that feed last thing at night, 10pm ish,,,, then get up for a daytime run first thing in the morning ,, there dogs have had a similar time to digest, there food

dont feed mines atl id lamping hard or daylite get fed when they get home afte here shift , if anything i give them plenty to drink in warm nites ,i just watch the dogs and you get to no when they have had there best sometimes can come unstuck and had to give them powderd gator ade , but only once in a while,dont give them electrose , unless there going wobbly but usaly see there had enough the way they run at times

• Like 1
dont feed mines atl id lamping hard or daylite get fed when they get home afte here shift , if anything i give them plenty to drink in warm nites ,i just watch the dogs and you get to no when they have had there best sometimes can come unstuck and had to give them powderd gator ade , but only once in a while,dont give them electrose , unless there going wobbly but usaly see there had enough the way they run at times

you wont get the wobbles (hypoglysemia) as you put it,, if you give them some food befor mate...

there you go ,, you see your never to old to lern somthing of here

• Like 1
i agree wit whin dont feed them at all and give them a good meal [bANNED TEXT] you get them back in i think they work harder that way

so do you feed last thing at night,, then if you go lamping the next night they have gone 24 hours with out

i give just small amount say 6pm ,then lamp say midnight no probs. i have found out in the past to run on a empty belly, the dogs get fecked quicker, so just bit of food helps them , and when out give E when they need it . and as you know they will drop weight when run hard so bit of grub will help that :thumbs:

if your a good dog man you no what your dogs need and when its not regimental i feed mines twice a day in winter last thing and morning but its not rocket science , you se the weight of your dogs how they react after a good nite or day ,thtas thing i woudnt let on every body has to learn for them selves at times