how long do you give a pup be for giveing up on it

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On another forum, a guy got rid of a 6 month old pup because "it wasn't fast enough", and now on here someone gets rid of a 4 month old pup because it didn't look good enough !!! There are people in t

Put it this way, if I felt I had to ask that question on here let alone need an answer I would be highly embarrassed

You should choose where your pups go a bit more carefully instead of bitching on here when there passed about

Posted Images

just a thought on how long do you give a pup before you give up on it ......and give it away ......

Congratulations :cray: you have won a Darwin ,award.Bet the pup gave up on you ,on you,long before you on it?.

Everytime you ever post anything, you come across as a fecking moron.

x38 bred the pup you tit, someone else gave it away at 4 months because they believed it wasn't going to be strong enough etc.

Read/think, before you open your mouth, muppet.

• Like 1

it all depends on what the dog as been shown........ my dog as just turned 4 ... he aint seen enough foxes to be judged on yet , but the season will be the decider wether he is a cull or not ....

you got to give a dog/pup enough of an oppertunity to show what they can do first season deciding isnt the way to do it imo

a long time to give a dog before it is judged,its on its 4th,5th season :blink: :blink: :blink: alot of time waisted if it aint going to be upto the job...and imo you aint got a cull in you lol,i like mine to be showing promise between 10 and 12 months whats the point in hanging around and giving a dog till 2 to 4 years old to start showing signs?they should be flying by them if not there not good enough :thumbs: :thumbs:

it all depends on what the dog as been shown........ my dog as just turned 4 ... he aint seen enough foxes to be judged on yet , but the season will be the decider wether he is a cull or not ....

you got to give a dog/pup enough of an oppertunity to show what they can do first season deciding isnt the way to do it imo

a long time to give a dog before it is judged,its on its 4th,5th season :blink: :blink: :blink: alot of time waisted if it aint going to be upto the job...and imo you aint got a cull in you lol,i like mine to be showing promise between 10 and 12 months whats the point in hanging around and giving a dog till 2 to 4 years old to start showing signs?they should be flying by them if not there not good enough :thumbs: :thumbs:

might be along time but its the way its worked out with this dog ....

and i wouldnt start a dog on foxes till it was 18 month - 2 yrs old ..

dog as showed enough good signs on rabbit and hares to live here for as long as he as ..

and if you think i dont have a cull in me you clearly are as dumb as you look ....

why is it under every differant user name you have had you try and act like you know me and either slag me off or try and belittle me... you met me for all of half an hour while you were picking up the terrier you bought of me which was over 3 yr ago

dog as showed enough good signs on rabbit and hares to live here for as long as he as ..

and if you think i dont have a cull in me you clearly are as dumb as you look ....

why is it under every differant user name you have had you try and act like you know me and either slag me off or try and belittle me... you met me for all of half an hour while you were picking up the terrier you bought of me which was over 3 yr ago

because you are a plum lol,if you had a cull in you you wouldnt have waited 4 years for a dog to take a fox in the 1st place,and you never put much work into the terrier either,14 months old didnt even know its name lol and 12 months later you where offering me 300 pounds for the dog back...whats the dog seen..."a ferret in the back garden was your reply" your misses has more balls than you wee man lol

because you are a plum lol,if you had a cull in you you wouldnt have waited 4 years for a dog to take a fox in the 1st place,and you never put much work into the terrier either,14 months old didnt even know its name lol and 12 months later you where offering me 300 pounds for the dog back...whats the dog seen..."a ferret in the back garden was your reply" your misses has more balls than you wee man lol

now you are a fecking lier that terrier had never seen a 'ferret in the back garden' and i never would do something like that ...yes he wasnt the best i even told you that i just didnt gel with the wee bstard. never wanted to buy him back i said to you in chat one night if your ever getting rid let me know as any body who sells a dog probably would say and you said you can have him for £300 ...

my dog took his first fox at 2 you retard not 4 ... he just aint been tested enough to be judged as a FOX dog yet..and thats what he is here for ...

i could call you a plum if i wanted i wasnt the one who said i was going to buy a fox terrier coz i liked the look of them lol

now you are a fecking lier that terrier had never seen a 'ferret in the back garden' and i never would do something like that ...yes he wasnt the best i even told you that i just didnt gel with the wee bstard. never wanted to buy him back i said to you in chat one night if your ever getting rid let me know as any body who sells a dog probably would say and you said you can have him for £300 ...

my dog took his first fox at 2 you retard not 4 ... he just aint been tested enough to be judged as a FOX dog yet..and thats what he is here for ...

i could call you a plum if i wanted i wasnt the one who said i was going to buy a fox terrier coz i liked the look of them lol

your a bigger man on the comp than you are in person wind your neck in lol,you had 4 dogs in one crate ffs if you want to argue pm me,you talk the talk but never had the balls to actually go out and do the job in hand...if the dog had a fox and 2 surely it doesnt take another 2 years to judge him you aint out enough...you wanted the dog back..i said no...you offered 300,i turned you down as it would have been cruel on the dog going back to you...your only kidding yourself ;)

never had 4 dogs to a crate ... had the one lurcher to the crate when i went out as he wasnt house trained ... i put the 3 dogs in the crate while you was there to stop the dogs jumping up on your pregnant wife/girlfriend ..

you believe what you want i know what is right ..

and i might not be out as much as some people but i get out enough with the dog .... ive offered you this before if you want to come over and do some hunting your more than welcome and then id tell you to your face you talk bullshit ...

i dont see the need to pm you and argue with you

never had 4 dogs to a crate ... had the one lurcher to the crate when i went out as he wasnt house trained ... i put the 3 dogs in the crate while you was there to stop the dogs jumping up on your pregnant wife/girlfriend ..

you believe what you want i know what is right ..

and i might not be out as much as some people but i get out enough with the dog .... ive offered you this before if you want to come over and do some hunting your more than welcome and then id tell you to your face you talk bullshit ...

i dont see the need to pm you and argue with you

long way to travel to put you over ma knee :hmm: :hmm: now away and take your 4 year old dog out get it started before it retires ffs

i know x38 hes a sound bloke looking forward to going out this season doing some ferreting and that, he loves working his dogs i dont think hes the sort of person to cash in on dogs i know people who have had terriers off him and he has just asked for a drink how many people do that i also know people who have had lurchers off him and there more than pleased with how theyve turned out :thumbs:

he allso offerd me a pup free when i lost mi bitch

yeah hes a bang on bloke mate them pups are bred off the right stuff theres no CHANCE theyll not be up to the job its just the owners that mess them up in my opinion :thumbs:

Edited by Penda

was this the pup that could,nt keep the weight on???

i dont think it ever had a prob keeping it on...... just not getting enough food in its days food intake....the lad thats got it now feeds 3 times a day and has not refused a meal and the young lad ring every day .......... :thumbs:

at 4 months it should be on three meals untill about 12months, then down the two, my bitch is 15 months and still on two large meals, still filling out aswell, a dog doesnt grow over night, patience and time is what makes a dog, no dog gets its proper strength etc etc untill about 2 yrs old, read up on running dogs you need to

• Like 1