how long do you give a pup be for giveing up on it

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On another forum, a guy got rid of a 6 month old pup because "it wasn't fast enough", and now on here someone gets rid of a 4 month old pup because it didn't look good enough !!! There are people in t

Put it this way, if I felt I had to ask that question on here let alone need an answer I would be highly embarrassed

You should choose where your pups go a bit more carefully instead of bitching on here when there passed about

Posted Images

Guest PIKEYLAMPER

Depending on breed you should know what you have got at around 15-18months some dogs show earlier than others depending on what type your running some dogs? Well let's just say you will know depending on what you have seen an what you do personally in the field

• Like 1

it all depends on what the dog as been shown........ my dog as just turned 4 ... he aint seen enough foxes to be judged on yet , but the season will be the decider wether he is a cull or not ....

you got to give a dog/pup enough of an oppertunity to show what they can do first season deciding isnt the way to do it imo

it was 4 months.... and not my dog but a pup i bred.. it was give up on looks......dont know about anyone else but not to look a twat get the growing stage out the way so you can see the dog and then i would bable to say its got it or not build wise......

Guest PIKEYLAMPER

it all depends on what the dog as been shown........ my dog as just turned 4 ... he aint seen enough foxes to be judged on yet , but the season will be the decider wether he is a cull or not ...

you got to give a dog/pup enough of an oppertunity to show what they can do first season deciding isnt the way to do it imo

Your dogs 4 an you still don't know? Says it all am afraid

• Like 3

Why have a pup in the first place why make this post have you got a pup you giving up on & to others why did the pup give up in the first ask your self that question

lol it not my pup one i bred mate but like you passion like me.......

it all depends on what the dog as been shown........ my dog as just turned 4 ... he aint seen enough foxes to be judged on yet , but the season will be the decider wether he is a cull or not ...

:icon_eek:

tell me why...

first season rabbits only

second season entered to fox slowly (done one at the begining of the season one about 2 month later)

third season seen 2 foxes then got injured out for nearly 2 month then took another injury and then all that ice and snow came..then seen 2 foxes at the end of the season

fourth season just starting

so with that in mind at 4 yr old my dog aint seen enough to be judged on simple

• Like 1

it was 4 months.... and not my dog but a pup i bred.. it was give up on looks......dont know about anyone else but not to look a twat get the growing stage out the way so you can see the dog and then i would bable to say its got it or not build wise......

ive seen some funny looking dogs do very well in the field i wouldnt get rid of a dog on looks alone.