Best guard dog ?

just pointing out that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones mate.....

Although no mallice is intended on my behalf, :)

The minute you think you got the world sussed it has a way of letting you know you don't karma my friend will always play a part in the big wide world.....

And those who deserve it recieve its wrath.............

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

never trust a man saying he's a professional and cannot spell it.....?????????????   easy to leave the odd letter out isn't it....       Snap.

just pointing out that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones mate.....   Although no mallice is intended on my behalf,   The minute you think you got the world sussed it has a way of

doesn't matter when you're just cockin about on a forum though does it

Posted Images

never trust a man saying he's a professional and cannot spell it.....?????????????

easy to leave the odd letter out isn't it....

Snap.

You need a capital at the start of that sentence :D

There is no "need" for a capital letter to understand the sentence, Whereas if you had of said you "require" it would have been appropriate..... :) lol or haha take your pick....!!!

Whereas you claim to be a professional dog trainer, is a whole other matter As professionals should be professional about the image they protray their business to be............!!!!! Get my drift... :)

just pointing out that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones mate.....

Although no mallice is intended on my behalf, :)

The mintue you think you got the world sussed it has a way of letting you know you don't karma my friend will always play a part in the big wide world.....

And those who deserve it recieve its wrath.............

Enjoy your nut cutlet :D

never trust a man saying he's a professional and cannot spell it.....?????????????

easy to leave the odd letter out isn't it....

Snap.

You need a capital at the start of that sentence :D

There is no "need" for a capital letter to understand the sentence, Whereas if you had of said you "require" it would have been appropriate..... :) lol or haha take your pick....!!!

Whereas you claim to be a professional dog trainer, is a whole other matter As professionals should be professional about the image they protray their business to be............!!!!! Get my drift... :)

No, i may act professionally when training dogs, but where have I suggested otherwise???

simoman how many folks on here do you reckon could actually train a topflight gsd for pp without ending up with a liability

I dont know what background people have in training manwork dogs Dan, i would stick my neck on the line and say 99% couldn't without prior manwork knowledge and training.

Sorry for the delay but my computer is freezing up.... :)

When proclaiming to be a professional dog trainer, by spelling it wrong you are not protraying a very professional image to the public

As advertising is always key to the public perception of what they see within their minds eye,

By This i mean that if you spell a logo or business advert wrongly then the publics perception will be mainly a negative one, based on marketing research,

And this then is a hard image to shake of unless the public go and see before judging your abilities,

Snap.

simoman how many folks on here do you reckon could actually train a topflight gsd for pp without ending up with a liability

I dont know what background people have in training manwork dogs Dan, i would stick my neck on the line and say 99% couldn't without prior manwork knowledge and training.

I think a lot of folks get mixed up between a "yard dog" and a proper pp dog it has taken me nearly 6 months to find a trainer I'm happy with and as yet we are still to pick a pup but with his guidance I should end up with the dog I need and can handle both me and the pup to be trained together, I would think having seen some of the more highly driven dogs that most folks couldn't channel that into meaningful work and a dog like that won't ever survive as a yard dog.

When proclaiming to be a professional dog trainer, by spelling it wrong you are not protraying a very professional image to the public

As advertising is always key to the public perception of what they see within their minds eye,

By This i mean that if you spell a logo or business advert wrongly then the publics perception will be mainly a negative one, based on marketing research,

And this then is a hard image to shake of unless the public go and see before judging your abilities,

Snap.

doesn't matter when you're just cockin about on a forum though does it :D

• Like 1

Snap.

doesn't matter when you're just cockin about on a forum though does it :D

Er not at all.................. :)

Snap.

I think you may be taking this all a little too serious..........I'm not a professional trainer anymore, I sort the odd problem dog out and i never advertised, all my work came from word of mouth and folk seing me work :thumbs: And last time i checked this was THL, not the ad mag :laugh:

just my input, and I've said this before......sure it probably does take a well bred GSD to be a top class guard dog, but 99.9% of people don't need a top class guard dog. They just need something that looks the part and barks, simple as that. Simo has said many times Dobermans are shit and most can't make good guard dogs, but I can guarantee that unless you've got a few hundred grands worth of jewellery in your house a burgular will not risk going into your house/yard if you've got any dog that's above average size that could potentially do you some pretty serious damage.

My mastiff cross looked like he'd rip you in two in a heart beat, people were proper intimidated by him. In reality he was soft as shit with people, an atomic bomb wouldn't have woke him up, his eye sight was shit, his reactions were slow.......if someone wanted a "proper guard dog" he would have been useless. However, a burgular would have been insane to risk breaking into our house with him in it though, purely because of how he looked and how booming his bark was! You don't need to spend £700 on a GSD, get down the dog pound and find a dog that looks the part, that's all you need.

Yes Dan, most PPE dogs, especially the imported stuff are defintely not suited as yard dogsm the have too much energy ad need stimulation. Its also like buying a DB9 for popping to the shops :thumbs:

Ah jesus i give up...... :) i'm off for some nut cutlet..... hehe

Snap.

I think you may be taking this all a little too serious..........I'm not a professional trainer anymore, I sort the odd problem dog out and i never advertised, all my work came from word of mouth and folk seing me work :thumbs: And last time i checked this was THL, not the ad mag :laugh:

Mate don't take it to heart, P L E A S S E ...... haha