lamping tonite who else is

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wellys are for farmers and other homo`s.

Al be out

I was thinking about it but I think it's TOO rough in my neck of the woods - if there is such a thing! ATB to those who are!

too rough :icon_eek:

Mate, I walked the dog earlier and I'm suprised the trees weren't being pulled out the ground by it! The usual rabbits I see hopping about every evening were nowhere to be seen that's for sure. In fairness to you like I do live right on top of a hill and it has calmed down a bit now from what it was, and it's stopped lashing down. I'm not normally one to miss a night but from what I saw earlier I wouldn't think much would be about - but now it's settled that might be different.

Anyway, I think a lot of it doesn't matter that much. I went out on Friday night on some permission I regularly venture out on, that normally holds a bit of game but not a lot. There was next to no wind and a full moon - not perfect lamping weather a lot of people would tell you, however I ran more game on there that night than I had even seen on there all the nights I'd been there from the beginning of the season put together! Caught quite a bit as well :D My mate reckons there's more stuff about on clear nights cause it can see easier and gets more confident, all I know is that the other night was unreal.

What's other people's thoughts?? Surely the light doesn't matter as long as you're quiet, work into what little breeze is there and keep to the hedgerows to avoid shadows?? Fair enough the wind masks the sound a bit and gives stuff a perceived lack of senses, but I don't think the best nights are always the dark and wild ones. Just my opinion

I was thinking about it but I think it's TOO rough in my neck of the woods - if there is such a thing! ATB to those who are!

too rough :icon_eek:

Mate, I walked the dog earlier and I'm suprised the trees weren't being pulled out the ground by it! The usual rabbits I see hopping about every evening were nowhere to be seen that's for sure. In fairness to you like I do live right on top of a hill and it has calmed down a bit now from what it was, and it's stopped lashing down. I'm not normally one to miss a night but from what I saw earlier I wouldn't think much would be about - but now it's settled that might be different.

Anyway, I think a lot of it doesn't matter that much. I went out on Friday night on some permission I regularly venture out on, that normally holds a bit of game but not a lot. There was next to no wind and a full moon - not perfect lamping weather a lot of people would tell you, however I ran more game on there that night than I had even seen on there all the nights I'd been there from the beginning of the season put together! Caught quite a bit as well :D My mate reckons there's more stuff about on clear nights cause it can see easier and gets more confident, all I know is that the other night was unreal.

What's other people's thoughts?? Surely the light doesn't matter as long as you're quiet, work into what little breeze is there and keep to the hedgerows to avoid shadows?? Fair enough the wind masks the sound a bit and gives stuff a perceived lack of senses, but I don't think the best nights are always the dark and wild ones. Just my opinion

the rougher the better mate