Fox trap ideas

fox-control-image.jpg

There is another fox from the same place. As for the ground getting trashed, yes it doe's really badly! That fox was one of the most tame i have come across but they vary alot. some just sit there and other do loop the loop. As for the wires lasting. I have had wires kink after only 3 catches but i have also caught 20 or so on a single wire before too. I guess i average around 10 per wire. As for a load of shit! I caught 68 foxes in 6 months at a poulty farm this spring! 200 foxes isn't that many when its your job and hobby you no.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

foxes chew, dig ,and tear up the ground when in a snare, simples

i personally know a guy who has caught 21 with the same wire, they are alot thicker than normal snare wire

no trapping skills needed in using them,,i just cant see the point in paying £100 for one when a snare can be made for say 50p or less.ok guess they have they uses if no runs to be found like urban a

Posted Images

thats a very interesting photo, i didn,t realise that a fox caught in a collarum doesn,t tear up the ground round about, i have never had a fox in a collarum but have caught enuff to know that in a traditional snare they make a catch circle and would have knocked most of that gear all over the place, :hmm:

so, does a fox just sit there like a dog on a lead ? most of the footage i have seen with collarum catches, the ground is all torn up, can you explain this please?

that got to be the best set up pics ive ever seen moley haha,, god 200 in them to ? well ewhast can one say ?? mm ?? nothing bar what a load of shit them traps are lol,,

It sounds like your the only person that thinks they are crap. Maybe your trapping skills are the problem!

they have got to be tame or urban foxes,in the first picture the plastic table isn,t even chewed and the ground ain,t torn up, i see in both pics you have a rebar pin, is this what you secure your snare with ? , if so you should be careful as that could be an entanglement situation

i have snared hundreds of foxes over the years and the ground is always torn up , always.

its incredible that both those foxes chose to not fight the snare, chew anything or even dig and must have just sat there like a dog on a lead

3-20 foxes from one cable is a good job becaus at the prices charged over here for a replacement (about £25) you will need to catch more than one, amazing that you can buy replacments for $8-10 in the states , customs have a lot to answer for

thats a very interesting photo, i didn,t realise that a fox caught in a collarum doesn,t tear up the ground round about, i have never had a fox in a collarum but have caught enuff to know that in a traditional snare they make a catch circle and would have knocked most of that gear all over the place, :hmm:

so, does a fox just sit there like a dog on a lead ? most of the footage i have seen with collarum catches, the ground is all torn up, can you explain this please?

that got to be the best set up pics ive ever seen moley haha,, god 200 in them to ? well ewhast can one say ?? mm ?? nothing bar what a load of shit them traps are lol,,

It sounds like your the only person that thinks they are crap. Maybe your trapping skills are the problem!

no trapping skills needed in using them,,i just cant see the point in paying £100 for one when a snare can be made for say 50p or less.ok guess they have they uses if no runs to be found like urban areas etc but no skill needed at al in the setting of them

• Like 1

I no many people that use them and can't catch a sauage. I make my own re-placements, so they work out quite cheap. Its not possible to set snares in peopes back garden. Most of the foxes caught in urban areas don't dig or chew stuff. The wire gets chewed a bit but its that thick it dosen't matter.

they have got to be tame or urban foxes,in the first picture the plastic table isn,t even chewed and the ground ain,t torn up, i see in both pics you have a rebar pin, is this what you secure your snare with ? , if so you should be careful as that could be an entanglement situation

i have snared hundreds of foxes over the years and the ground is always torn up , always.

its incredible that both those foxes chose to not fight the snare, chew anything or even dig and must have just sat there like a dog on a lead

3-20 foxes from one cable is a good job becaus at the prices charged over here for a replacement (about £25) you will need to catch more than one, amazing that you can buy replacments for $8-10 in the states , customs have a lot to answer for

what do you mean the ground is always torn up?

heres one of mine iv made

nicely done mate. how long did it take to make and did you buy parts or just use what you had.

thanks pal it takes me a couple of hours to make one i just make them with any mesh that i can get hold of for free the mesh is quite expensive to buy i think its about £60 a sheet 8ft x 4ft

I have never had a fox on the collarum dig or chew anything but the cable. On normal thinner gage fox wires I have but not with the collarum?? I have no idea why as they are both snares. But I havn't used normal fox wire's on urban foxes.

thats unbelievable..200 fox and never had one who ain't dug,chewed or anything,, wish my foxes would sit and behave like yours,, my problem is i run of of runs to snare due to trap circles. i start from centre of run out till i can no longer set that run.. and needs it to grow over ready for nest year,, but come autumn the same run same places but by different fox be there.

• Like 1

• Like 2

MOLEY ,

I AGREE .......

LIVING WHERE I DO I HAVE ALWAYS CAUGHT FOXES ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF TOWNS , AND LIKE YOU NO MATTER HOW TAME THEY WILL ALWAYS TRASH THE SURROUNDING AREA ,

THAT FIRST PICTURE I WOULD SAYS A PURE SET UP .... LIKE YOU.... THE FIRST THING I NOTICED WAS THE RE - BAR , A KILLING POST IF EVER I SAW ONE , THAT FOX WOULD HAVE KILLED ITSELF IN SHORT ORDER WITH THAT IN POSTION !!!

THE SECOND FOX IN THE CLIP IS NO BETTER OFF THAN A SNARED FOX ,.......

ITS A REAL SHAME CERTAIN MEN ARE TRRYING TO PUSH THIS TRAP FOR PROFIT RATHER THAN HUMANE TRAPPING .

IVE USED AND SEEN A FEW OF THESE IN ACTION AND AM NOT IMPRESSED .......THE SIMPLE SNARE FOR ME IS FAR MORE VERSATILE AND NO LESS HUMANE AT A FRACTION OF THE COST

DUCKWING