lets see your hutches/ runs

there is so many different styles of hutches out there. each one is different and each one serves its purpose. if my dad was in good health we (him) could build a cracking enclosure that would last for years. thats the plan when he gets better. some good hutches and runs there.

stealthy1- your hutch setup is similar to a guys i know, very similar. hes a member on here

Mine is a product of what I needed, its basically a three cage settup, the bottom is one cage with two nestboxes housing five jills and a snipped hob, the top two are singles, the front one near the mesh door is my hobs cage when the jills become ragged and need a break from his intentions, and the other is used for guests when mates come to stop at our house and fetch a couple of ferrets with them, or if someone goes on holiday I look after their ferrets in this cage :thumbs:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one i made for someone else

When I built mine a couple of years ago it started raining so I took the made sections into the kitchen to finish once built . Which by this time was very late at night I asked the Mrs to have a loo

Posted Images

Heres ours.

DSC01046.jpg

very impressive :toast:

stealthy- my hutch can easily be split into 3 different hutch by removing the ladders and putting a piece of wood over the joining holes. just incase i need to split them or like you said to keep other ferrets if need be :thumbs:

• Like 1

ferret165.jpg

this is a picture of my court (6 foot long 2.5 foot wide and 2.5 foot high with 2 floors) and a ramp joining top and bottom. I built it inside my lockup that has a roller shutter door, so there is no need to weather proof the front all the doors on the front open for easy cleaning. and the top and bottom can be closed off when the hob and jills are in season.

Some cracking set ups on here folks.

My ferrets are in a 21' x 9' stable, at the moment they are in a 4' x 2' x 2' double tier hutch and have the run of the building for an hour or so each day.

I'm in the process of dividing the building in 2 so they can permanently live in a 10' x 9' enclosure and there is a dog kennel which I will let them use for sleeping in, probably put a smaller box inside it to keep the draft out.

Then the other half of the building I will keep my 4' x 2' x 2' double tier hutch in for next year when I get a couple of Jills :)

Gaz

Does anybody know where i can buy a decent one of these something similar to the thread starter ?

been on ebay and there all rabbit hutches .....

cheers :thumbs:

If you only have a couple of ferrets then a rabbit hutch may suit your needs :thumbs: