Antique Collectables, General Collecting

when works slow i do the odd house clearance. came accross a diamond ring with over £5000 once.

'House clearance' . . . . is that what they call it in Sheffield.

The lad was asking if you did any collecting, not if you had any previous. :whistling:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone collect or deal in antiques or just general collecting?   I quite like old coins and antique silver.   Anyone ?

I collect lapel badges anything to do with hunt clubs . fox .hare .stag. mink.otter also working terrier and coursing clubs.wildfowling

the arse has just about fell out of everthing in this game --- but if your looking for gear to sell on have a look round the boot sales for signed oil and water colour paintings are always worth a gam

i wouldnt say i was a collector but i do have a few old coins, when we go camping we sometimes take the father in laws metal detector and august just gone the wife found an old florin(we think) an we also think its george III from 1646,we met be wrong as its a bit worn and hard to make out but one things for sure,knowing my luck it'l be worth feck all :thumbs:

George III wasnt born untill 1738 and the Florin not introduced untill 1849 so what you have is not what you think is.

thanks for that mate,i showed the coin to a woman who works in a museum and thats what she told me,its obvious now that the woman knows feck all :thumbs:

but the date is defo 1646

Edited by craigyboy

i wouldnt say i was a collector but i do have a few old coins, when we go camping we sometimes take the father in laws metal detector and august just gone the wife found an old florin(we think) an we also think its george III from 1646,we met be wrong as its a bit worn and hard to make out but one things for sure,knowing my luck it'l be worth feck all :thumbs:

George III wasnt born untill 1738 and the Florin not introduced untill 1849 so what you have is not what you think is.

thanks for that mate,i showed the coin to a woman who works in a museum and thats what she told me,its obvious now that the woman knows feck all :thumbs:

Charles l 1600 - 1649 You may be able to ID from here http://anglosaxoncoins.homestead.com/Charles1.html

Two us up if its the top one. :D

Charles l 1600 - 1649 You may be able to ID from here http://anglosaxoncoi...m/Charles1.html

Two us up if its the top one. :D

thanks again mate,but its none o them,il get some letters up tomorrow off it,see if you can make out anything :thumbs:

Hello The Stig,i just tried to send you a private message but it wouldnt send for some reason maybe your inbox is full ;)

i`ll empty it .. done that many antique enquires could have made a fortune if i`d been charging .. ;) Edited by the_stig
  • 2 weeks later...