just sum olp pic's of working plummers

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there are some men working plummers proper not many but there are a few and they dont need too be sticking up photos too prove the fact. there happy enough too work them and too keep them among thems

Its pretty bad form to dirty a dead mans name,he may have had bad habits regarding the kennel management of his dogs but then so did a lot of so called "FAMOUS" terriermen,back in the 60's,70's not ma

This sport is less without Plummer. He was charismatic and yes invited cotroversy. His legacy will never be repeated, a fact many will not like or accept but a fact nonetheless. He loved winding the m

Posted Images

BBB,it aint always about looks,if that dog does whats asked of it then thats all that matters,I bred off a white bodied bitch that nobody wanted and she has thrown some smashing little pups,she works 100% at everything she does,I knew I would get some white bodied dogs but some of the pups are perfectly marked,the PTA,EPTS and the PTCGB would never sanction such a mating as it is scorned upon but colour and coat pattern will not stop a dog working,I will continue to breed only worker/worker of the right size and temperament in the future,how the dog works must come first in my book,WM

superb........

• 3 weeks later...

got one of them plummer documentries here he digs a fox saying its been killing chickens . then he says dont bother backfilling an then lets the fox go in the next field :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

no that werent quite true was it.... he dug a fox bagged it an released it else were i admit it was for cameras but all done in good taste not like some muppets . lol.... an the fox was out in minutes ... think it was alan thomas in the vid an his terrier to ground....

seen the film,it was dug with at,s dog,bp stated leave backfilling,its a open earth,he did stuggle with letting bagged fox go,looked a bit novice,it bit the sack ,would not let go,he looked like a fish out of water,at,s saying just drop it on floor :yes:

well all i can say mate is yeah maybe is storys are stretched a bit but he lived at rotherham an when he did he did some hunting mate thats all i know cause i know people who knew him his dogs got worked in them days but later on ... well i cant say he was busy writing a lot though an thats how he earned most of is dollar an why not if peeps dont like dont buy simples trouble is there too much jealousy in the dog world thats a fact atb o.t :thumbs:

not knocking the bloke only met him once at a game fair early 80s,the maggot farm he worked for rats was mexborough nr roth ,i was a regular visitor ratting there at that time :yes::thumbs:

Didnt he live in Conisbrough at one time, think he may have been teaching there, does anyone in the village still work Plummers i wonder, I used to use the 2 maggot farms, one near Barnbrough and the other one up Crookhill, if you ever wonderd what folk did when large animals die, i can honestly say i once saw a very big Geraff in the maggot troff at Crookhill l :icon_eek: .

got one of them plummer documentries here he digs a fox saying its been killing chickens . then he says dont bother backfilling an then lets the fox go in the next field :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

no that werent quite true was it.... he dug a fox bagged it an released it else were i admit it was for cameras but all done in good taste not like some muppets . lol.... an the fox was out in minutes ... think it was alan thomas in the vid an his terrier to ground....

seen the film,it was dug with at,s dog,bp stated leave backfilling,its a open earth,he did stuggle with letting bagged fox go,looked a bit novice,it bit the sack ,would not let go,he looked like a fish out of water,at,s saying just drop it on floor :yes:

well all i can say mate is yeah maybe is storys are stretched a bit but he lived at rotherham an when he did he did some hunting mate thats all i know cause i know people who knew him his dogs got worked in them days but later on ... well i cant say he was busy writing a lot though an thats how he earned most of is dollar an why not if peeps dont like dont buy simples trouble is there too much jealousy in the dog world thats a fact atb o.t :thumbs:

not knocking the bloke only met him once at a game fair early 80s,the maggot farm he worked for rats was mexborough nr roth ,i was a regular visitor ratting there at that time :yes::thumbs:

Didnt he live in Conisbrough at one time, think he may have been teaching there, does anyone in the village still work Plummers i wonder, I used to use the 2 maggot farms, one near Barnbrough and the other one up Crookhill, if you ever wonderd what folk did when large animals die, i can honestly say i once saw a very big Geraff in the maggot troff at Crookhill l :icon_eek: .

He lived in kimberworth and taught at meadow head school for a wile and some of his old rough coated terriers were left with a chap called walt i have been told.

He lived in kimberworth and taught at meadow head school for a wile and some of his old rough coated terriers were left with a chap called walt i have been told.

walt the rabbit ????? an werent it holmes in rotherham he lived ?????

must have been some years ago that bud cause a know who owns crookhill one an i workled there for 8 mnth couple of years back there only allowed to use birds for maggots there mate i used to go round all chicken an turkey farms picking all there dead up for that factory.... an the one at barnbrough was demolished early ninetys as i was there with terriers when they knocked the place down suffice to say the place hadnt been in use for a while an we never caught a single rat lol lol :thumbs:

an yes theres a few plummers in that area but doubt they stem from the days he lived in rotherham area few lads have had the odd digs with there plummers an plummers make good finders but there hardly out an out digging dog atb o t :thumbs:

I used one or other of the maggot farms most weeks but iam going back maybe as far as the 80s, up untill the pits shut every village had a couple of fishing clubs and alot of us used to take our terriers with us to keep the rats down, the Trent was wick with em, my Beddlington used to come home bollox,d most weekends, happy days.

I used one or other of the maggot farms most weeks but iam going back maybe as far as the 80s, up untill the pits shut every village had a couple of fishing clubs and alot of us used to take our terriers with us to keep the rats down, the Trent was wick with em, my Beddlington used to come home bollox,d most weekends, happy days.

yes mate thought it would have been a good while back...atb o t :thumbs:

yes mate thought it would have been a good while back...atb o t :thumbs:

Cheers mucker :D .

walt the rabbit ????? an werent it holmes in rotherham he lived ?????

Yes mate on both questions holmes is a part of kimberworth and meadowbank.

an yes theres a few plummers in that area but doubt they stem from the days he lived in rotherham area few lads have had the odd digs with there plummers an plummers make good finders but there hardly out an out digging dog atb o t :thumbs:

Some of the best digging terriers in the area were decended from plummers very old rough coated stuff and a noted dog called jasper went down london as a pup in the 70s bred by a very good terrier man from mexbrough way and was a noted digging dog.

brian plummer, a theif and a liar who didnt treat his dogs right, id never buy one but props to the ones who 'get' them to work!

correct about him being a little bit of a fibber, but I would like to know your reasons for saying "props to the ones who get them to work" They were initially bred for rats, but do make great all round dogs providing you put the effort in to them. A dog is as good as you make it. I know people who have used plummers for earth, rat, bushing, and would not fault them in the slightest. So i am interested to know what makes you say what you say....

I have read most of plummers books and I have to say he is my favourite author, as has already been said I think he laughed at a lot of people in the working dog world and who could blame him?? Also my neighbour had a plummer for the last 5 years and it was one of the most impressive dogs iv ever seen above and below ground. He lost him last winter in a massive earth, this dog had to be dug out everytime as he stayed to the bitter end.It was his undoing in the end.

his book are ok, but it is mainly story telling, for the novice, the books don't really tell you much about the sport you are wanting to enter tbh...