one for the thinkers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a case of we arn't really sure! The last polar reversal was a long fecking time ago, and they seem to be pretty random when they do happen. The Earths magnetic field is induced by the flow of mol

This unfortunately has nothing to do with the moon but but will most certainly have something to do with you being female..........

magnetic reversals have happend 171 times in the last 76 million years with 14 of those happening in the last 4.5 million years, whilst thay are definitely cyclic the reversals appear to vary in time,

It's a case of we arn't really sure! The last polar reversal was a long fecking time ago, and they seem to be pretty random when they do happen. The Earths magnetic field is induced by the flow of molten Iron within the Earth so it is believed that when the flow gets a bit messed up so does the magnetic field, but I think the physics is still a bit theoretical. We arn't even sure if this is gonna happen any time in the near future but the magnetic north pole has been shifting with an accelerating rate for a few decades now.

It is not believed previous polar reversals caused extinctions and as I have said the last one took place so long ago our ancestors were the steryotypical caveman! The reversal may cause solar radiation to give us a good dose, then again it may not. It may cause us all to have dreams of alien abduction, but probably won't. It may f**k with alot of migratory animals etc. We just don't really know.

I don't really know a great deal about it but it strikes me as another bit of science thats been proposed and the whole world has got all excited about it because there is no definitive answer! The 2012 nut jobs love it!

magnetic reversals have happend 171 times in the last 76 million years with 14 of those happening in the last 4.5 million years, whilst thay are definitely cyclic the reversals appear to vary in time, making the next one an uncertainty. there are symtoms that procede the flip such as abrubt changes in weather pattens and a rapid awakening of the plannets magnetic field. and yes you right the 2012 nutters love it because it fits in with the mayan calculations and alot of other religions also say that in 2012 there will be an awakening. not the end of the world :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: not as we know it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can I just ask....how the f'ck do they know this? Not saying it's not true, I just don't understand how they could possibly know.

feck knows clever people than me wrote this shit :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

all sounds like pure guess work to me to be honest!

im not so sure theres usually some truth in all theories :hmm:

I don't know exactly how they test for it but I do know it's found in the goelogical record. By dating the age of volcanic rock strata they can somehow tell the direction of the magnatic field at the time the rocks were formed.

ancient campfires as well-metal ions in the ground under the fire will allign towards north-not alll of them do-some are pointing to the hudson bay area where the north pole used to be..some south american temples eg. tiohuanaco are alligned north ,but off by a few degrees-what a harbour is doing 17000 feet up in the mountains is another question.

At least i weigh a fraction less during the full moon :yes::laugh: :laugh:

FFS stabba you must be one fat b*****d when you use the moon to weigh yourself.............. :laugh:

I thought you'd weigh more, you can't go lamping so have chinese with your lamping partner instead lol

At least i weigh a fraction less during the full moon :yes::laugh: :laugh:

FFS stabba you must be one fat b*****d when you use the moon to weigh yourself.............. :laugh:

I thought you'd weigh more, you can't go lamping so have chinese with your lamping partner instead lol

You thought wrong......feels like i'm telling you this again????? Must be the magnetic pull or something............ :whistling:

I can personally attest to the fact that I'm not a very nice person during the full moon :diablo: I get well grumpy and short tempered.

Maybe I was a werewolf in my previous life :laugh:

Jenn, you have just opened the floodgates for the uncooth neanderthals!!!! I also get really grumpy during the full moon, its fucks my lamping up :laugh:

That was the plan! Because you see ... the full moon has nowt to do with 'that' for me - but you can always count on a bunch of blokes for making assumptions and providing entertaining comments on the subject!

that monthly full moon really gets on my tits aswell....I have ear ache throughout the whole duration of it!! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Interesting... If birds do navigate partly by using electro-magnetic fields as is thought, I wonder if all the man made EM such as power stations confuse their navigation, and how strong is the Earth's magnetic field is in relation to them :hmm:

Strongbow does make one think :laugh:

another load of useless information :whistling:

What football team do you support....................?

there only is one team an the hoops are always below them :laugh:

The plot thickens eh????........so are we to believe your an english rangers fan then Lazy..... :hmm:

another load of useless information :whistling:

What football team do you support....................?

there only is one team an the hoops are always below them :laugh:

The plot thickens eh????........so are we to believe your an english rangers fan then Lazy..... :hmm:

just joking i wouldnt support them shire of shit .......im irish 100% with a wee bit of scot in the mix :laugh: you dont wast much time you were in there squicker than priest on an alter boy

Edited by LAZYBSTARD