purse net colours

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

='joe perthigwynion' timestamp='1317205411' post='2264299'] thanks guys for your advice its very helpfull, i found the best way to not leave any nets is to us a elastic band to hold them tidy in the

Years ago I started with Green, you could only get Green or Brown, then knitted my own Hemp, which I have always used, but I decided to move with the times and ordered spun poly, from Netrigger in bright colours.

I used them for the first time this week, taking out one of this years Jills.

I bolted four, that hit the net, with the same speed as the grey hemp.

As has been said, they are easy to see, and Iam definitely a convert.

I like to use bright coloured ones because of the blatent answer.. there easier to see. Nothing else to it. I do have a fair few green ones but I try to use the others first.... never had a rabbit go "oh.. a net.. I should turn back and fight that ferret!" ... Because I speak rabbit see :p.

How do you know, rabbit's shy off bolting if they here noise above ground, smell nets so why not see nets.

Didnt even say they cant see them... just say using brightly coloured nets has never stopped me getting rabbits... ... however my ferrets are either dragging a rabbit out or on the arse of a rabbit ... .. i cant prove weather or not they see them... which is why i didnt mention them seeing the net..

funny enough ive never had a problem with making noise above ground either... again though.. thats probably thanks to my ferrets ..(i have a wingy terrier (as most terriers are when stood still for longer than 3 seconds)

You don't have a clue then mate, I don't care what ferrets you have you make noise above ground they don't bolt.

Then how do you explain the fact they readily bolt to shotgun :hmm: .

Don't get me wrong I like to keep noise and moving around the warren to a minimum as i believe if they know you are there they are reluctant to bolt but it does beg the question why do they still bolt from a warren when a couple of shots have already been fired over that area.

Years ago I started with Green, you could only get Green or Brown, then knitted my own Hemp, which I have always used, but I decided to move with the times and ordered spun poly, from Netrigger in bright colours.

:thumbs: The old boys i started ferrreting with 30odd yrs ago would turn it there graves if they could see what colour nets we use now but you have to move with the times and bright coloured nets are hear to stay THANKFULLY

:thumbs: The old boys i started ferrreting with 30odd yrs ago would turn it there graves if they could see what colour nets we use now but you have to move with the times and bright coloured nets are hear to stay THANKFULLY

I agree mate, it was green or brown back then, if i had turned up with the coloured nets i do now i think i may have been sent packing.

I like to use bright coloured ones because of the blatent answer.. there easier to see. Nothing else to it. I do have a fair few green ones but I try to use the others first.... never had a rabbit go "oh.. a net.. I should turn back and fight that ferret!" ... Because I speak rabbit see :p.

How do you know, rabbit's shy off bolting if they here noise above ground, smell nets so why not see nets.

Didnt even say they cant see them... just say using brightly coloured nets has never stopped me getting rabbits... ... however my ferrets are either dragging a rabbit out or on the arse of a rabbit ... .. i cant prove weather or not they see them... which is why i didnt mention them seeing the net..

funny enough ive never had a problem with making noise above ground either... again though.. thats probably thanks to my ferrets ..(i have a wingy terrier (as most terriers are when stood still for longer than 3 seconds)

You don't have a clue then mate, I don't care what ferrets you have you make noise above ground they don't bolt.

Don't get me wrong I like to keep noise and moving around the warren to a minimum as i believe if they know you are there they are reluctant to bolt but it does beg the question why do they still bolt from a warren when a couple of shots have already been fired over that area.

Yes all I can think is they don't link the bang to humans, but i know when my mate's little lad is with us we end up doing more digging as he get's a bit excited when they start to bolt and it certainly puts the others off from bolting. It also makes you wonder is it the nets that put them off a lot more than we think, they certainly bolt better when no nets are put down.

I dont have a clue?? I might not be as clued up as most on here but thats why im on here.. to get tips of those people...And those people have gave me a "clue" as you put it.. Bit uncalled for if you ask me since I didnt have any dig at you at all.... At least you just shown me your not worth my time in explaining my experiences in more detail. Maybe my ferrets just do a better job at it?...

I have seen days when nearly every Rabbit bolts, with no stick ups, and you also have days similar weather, being as quite as you can, and lots of stick ups.

Anyway, back on topic, the old man has just acquired his first batch of pink nets! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At 72 yrs old i told him its a bit to late to come out of the closet!

Cannot wait for the first day out, its going to be priceless! :toast:

Seriously though, over the last few years he can leave the odd net behind, this should sort the problem.

PS By the way, i'm sure the colour of a net wont make a difference to a rabbit with a set of fangs stuck in it's butt, and lots of rabbits will bolt with noise above ground,(but it does keep a few down). The main sticking point of a rabbit bolting is when it clocks something staring at them from above ground like a dog or a chap.

haha lol i think i might end up with pink nets as the mrs is the one making them for me

Anyway, back on topic, the old man has just acquired his first batch of pink nets! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At 72 yrs old i told him its a bit to late to come out of the closet!

Cannot wait for the first day out, its going to be priceless! :toast:

Seriously though, over the last few years he can leave the odd net behind, this should sort the problem.

PS By the way, i'm sure the colour of a net wont make a difference to a rabbit with a set of fangs stuck in it's butt, and lots of rabbits will bolt with noise above ground,(but it does keep a few down). The main sticking point of a rabbit bolting is when it clocks something staring at them from above ground like a dog or a chap.

haha lol that should be interesting, i may well end up with pink nets as my mrs is making the nets for me and will probably want pink ones

i make em in all colours - the brighter ones go to the people who get sick of losing nets in the field, the traditional colours, greens,reds and terecotts seem to be favoured by the 'older generation' a nets a net as long as it catches a rabbit who cares! the thought goes as a rabbit sees in black and white the lighter the colour the less chance the rabbit has of seeing it over the hole as it is being bolted - but then again when a ferret is up its backside is it gonna bother what colour it sees over the hole?