hi buddy

you have a great hunting tool ,there buddy.

i use to own one but now have it in .177 for targets,some moan about the weight! but there from "noodlesville"

enjoy you TX buddy you will have a great time shooting it!!

regards

Davy

They are heavy, like heavy, like really heavy man (thank you Neil)!

However this dampens recoil, and makes for a gun that lasts that is accurate! I have just picked up a mark 1 TX200, it is 20 years old, still putting out 10.5 ft lb energy at the muzzle and is unerringly accurate as well!

In very gusty conditions I was hitting dessert spoon spinners at 45 metres! It is a gun to appreciate!

• Like 1

However this dampens recoil, and makes for a gun that lasts that is accurate! I have just picked up a mark 1 TX200, it is 20 years old, still putting out 10.5 ft lb energy at the muzzle and is unerringly accurate as well!

In very gusty conditions I was hitting dessert spoon spinners at 45 metres! It is a gun to appreciate!

hi mike

you must be from no folk noodlesville :blink:

hi mike

Ha Ha Ha............Arms like Greek plumbing. :laugh:

hi mike

Ha Ha Ha............Arms like Greek plumbing. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More like the Greek economy.... LOL, hey I can still fire the beast though, but it is heavy compared to other rifles, mind you there is not that many in the same class. It is not a rifle you world want for a days stalking! Stick to my Super 10s for those.

hi mike

you can put a sling on it buddy,just get a barrel clamp :thumbs:

make sure you fit it 3/4 way down the cocking arm though.

regards

Davy

It has got a sling already, braided leather,

DSC00317.jpg

I just prefer to have the gun in my arms as I walk! That way movement is minimized when I tale a shot!

Move the front mount forwards and the rear mount back on the TX. You don't want a scope clamped next to the adjuster turrets on a springer :thumbs:

Mike thou art indeed a noodle armed fellow. Get some excersise and work up your noodly spindlelimbs into weapon haulin', rock steady aiming systems! :laugh::tongue2::thumbs:

Seriously mate I'd love a shot with that 20-odd year old MkI you've just picked up. And Andy is right Mike. Don't clamp your mounts up against the turret saddle or you risk internal stress damage....Laddie! :huh::cray:

I have never found the weight to be an issue. I would not have an ounce taken off the TX200 MkIII rifle and HC carbine pair I own. I don't have a sling on my TX200 .22 rifle and I happily haul it around my shoot all day.

MY TX200HC is .177 and incredibly accurate on Air Arms Field 4.51mm pellets. I woudn't advocate fitting a silencer, even though it's threaded to take an adaptor or screw-fit type. Don't bother. I found the rifle was finely ballanced and quiet enough. The spring has just gone west after over 10 years of heavy usage and thousands of rabbits, rats, pidgeons and squirrels accounted by it.

I love them to bits. Proper hunting rifles!

Simon

Edited by pianoman