Bloody Mrk3

Just got off the phone to deben and they told me to send it all in and that it was most likely that the transmitter rod had snapped! Apparently any knock or drop can quite easily make it snap inside, as they are "extremely brittle" and then it will give false readings! The lady said send them in and she will look at them same day they arrive for £35, and apparently they can be fixed (at a cost I'm sure!).

So it might cost me, but not as much as a new locator!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha. How many times have I seen us older chaps who prefer the grey box slagged off for not moving with the times and not appreciating and embracing new technology?.   Even Deben realised that they w

Quite right. The collar is at its most accurate with the inside of the collar facing the sky. In other words just the position it would be in when hanging under the ferrets neck . The trouble i

Just got off the phone to deben and they told me to send it all in and that it was most likely that the transmitter rod had snapped! Apparently any knock or drop can quite easily make it snap inside, as they are "extremely brittle" and then it will give false readings! The lady said send them in and she will look at them same day they arrive for £35, and apparently they can be fixed (at a cost I'm sure!).

you should get yourself an old grey box locator they seem to be reliable iv used them for years and havent had one break on me yet iv also got one of the mk3s and mines doing the same as yours i dont think there worth the money mine broke after 1 season.

I know what you are saying mate!

Try shaking your box and if it rattles it's the fecking transmitter rod apparently.

You would think that something made to be used in the hunting field would be made tough as f**k.

Apparently not so!

Fecking things! I always found it best to ignore the depth reading completely and go on the beeps when we was out with my mates, and his was brand new. :( The mk1 was a joy to use in comparison.. :yes::thumbs:

Aye, i remember the REALLY old clicker boxes from the 80's, very simple to use, no depth reading though . . . .

Johnnyboy has bought a Mrk1, so we will be using that as well this season, and i am going to try to get the Mrk3 fixed and wrap it in padding haha!

I know what you are saying mate!

Try shaking your box and if it rattles it's the fecking transmitter rod apparently.

You would think that something made to be used in the hunting field would be made tough as f**k.

Apparently not so!

yeh you would think that they would be made shock proof but this is how deben makes its money designing something that breaks easily so that you have to buy a new one or be charged a fortune to get it fixed.

Thank god Mick Dadd has sorted our old mk 1 boxes out, should have another ten years out of the five boxes at least. Was not looking forward to getting a mk3, at least for a good while i wont have to now. Whats wrong with simple. :huh:

Take a look in the mirror!!

Cannot argue with that! :laugh:

Thank god Mick Dadd has sorted our old mk 1 boxes out, should have another ten years out of the five boxes at least. Was not looking forward to getting a mk3, at least for a good while i wont have to now. Whats wrong with simple. :huh:

Tight wad :laugh: :laugh: get with the times Big B :tongue2:

I'd maybee take that comment from a man with a bag full of nylon nets! ;)

mine is the first version mk3m with the grey sliding collar[which i think is a bad design]. are people only having trouble with the mk3kms? has the locator been upgraded for the mk3km?

Edited by darbo

Apparently not so!

unlucky bud..

I brought this up with my mate not so long ago as he had his box in his pocket, slipped down a bank then it wouldnt work, tried to think of a way to maybe toughen them up but theres not a great deal you can do seeing as its the insides that come seem to damage from the shock... I guess when you can monopolize a market though theres no need to improve too much.

on another note.. hows the dog?