• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kids of today eh!   I always make sure that they read to me at least 2 chapters a day when they are with me, and I make all their home work fun so they do actually do it.   No tv in their rooms, a

I think its a lot of kids these days..........they've got this "throw it away" attitude.   Its all to do with this never ending culture of companies like nokia,sony ericcson,playstation,x-box etc br

My three are 7 and 6 now. They'd sit on the pc/DS or in front of the tv for hours. If I let them. Which I don't. Homework when we get in, then either play out or read or whatever. Some days they can h

Kids of today eh!

I always make sure that they read to me at least 2 chapters a day when they are with me, and I make all their home work fun so they do actually do it.

No tv in their rooms, and no tv turned on when we eat at the table.

They both muck in with the poultry, but I do not allow them to do anything with the dogs, I'm just too set in my ways with them.

They're both are on a points system, so they complete certain chores and in return they earn points.

Points = Horse riding/Football club.

And mobile phones and facebook are banned.

• Like 5

i wldnt be a good parent tbh.my mates lad sometimes stays here if there going out for an evening and i just let him do as he likes lol he stuffs his face with mega bars of chocolate,plays the ps3 till he falls asleep in the chair.and he gets macdonalds for breakfast lol

i told his parents if you dont like it,dont send him down lol

• Like 1

i wldnt be a good parent tbh.my mates lad sometimes stays here if there going out for an evening and i just let him do as he likes lol he stuffs his face with mega bars of chocolate,plays the ps3 till he falls asleep in the chair.and he gets macdonalds for breakfast lol

i was same, its diffrent with yer own tho :icon_redface:

First he wanted a mobile phone, then he wanted an iPod. No. And no. When he's a teenager, fine. Till then he'll have to just learn to live without.

Some days when they're all playing together and it goes pear shaped and the fights start I wish I was the sort of parent who saw fit to let my young kids waste away in front of the tv so I could have a quiet life. But there's plenty of time for that when they're teenagers. Till then they'll just have to suck it up. They'll play out and get dirty and learn to amuse themselves and I'll just have to keep up with the washing and carry on refereeing them :laugh:

• Like 2

i was same, its diffrent with yer own tho :icon_redface:

yea mate i understand that,the thought of kids and the responsibility that goes with it,would scare me tbh.fair doos to all you responsible parents out there :thumbs:

it cant be easy at times im sure of that.

Tony, it winds me upto f**k how most kids just waste there life in front of a games console, as kids we used to be out ALL the time..........

I've chilled a bit now mate about it and can now manage a rye smile but still a bit shocked by her attitude. this was a Hamster I brought her for a surprise! no doubt about it she loved it and spent hours with it which is why I expected a different reaction, its all water under the bridge now, she changed a bit when I buried it for her.

My lads 15 and daughter 12, I offered on many occasions to take my boy shooting, hawking, fishing and even gave him a choice of a Air Rifle under my supervision or a Computer for xmas a couple of years ago, surprise! surprise! he chose the computer, I was also offered a little Yamaha DT125 off road for him to use around this farm, was he interested? nope.

the Daughter is the same, trying to get a conversation out of her is impossible. I'm probably old fashioned but when I was a kid I would have loved a air Rifle or a trials bike to blast about on! these days they like cyber kids and do all their talking via text or internet, they seem to have lost the art of speech and conversation...........

I'm probably old fashioned but when I was a kid I would have loved a air Rifle or a trials bike to blast about on! these days they like cyber kids and do all their talking via text or internet, they seem to have lost the art of speech and conversation...........

Ain't that the truth Tony. :( If they're that bad now, what the feck's our grandkids going to be like? When I say grandkids, I mean if our kids ever get bored of cyber land and actually start having proper relationships with each other instead.. :laugh:

My youngest son came back from school,said "can I get an Iphone so an so got one "5yr old :censored: Mines a free with £20 talk time pay as you go !does the same job..I'm just in from rippin' up the lawn playin' footie ,which i hate !,but the eldest wanted a kick about ,never refuse anytime outside with them..my grass is F@@ed an I Hate that ! spend time with them and don't play Comp.games with them.8 hrs one Sun trying to get Spiderman from roof to roof.never Again! I always wanted a Diasy B.B. gun ,like what was advertised in the D.C. Superman comics when I was a Kid,my old man got me a Bladder,an set me out to play Myself ,Always Some other time Son,if a could have went to the pub I would have been sorted,same for most of my pals ! So my kids got One thanks to Big Bruces at Tackle & gun.pop cans out the back for hours.If they want out somwhere if Possible I take them. The FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER in my book :yes:

My youngest son came back from school,said "can I get an Iphone so an so got one "5yr old :censored: Mines a free with £20 talk time pay as you go !does the same job..I'm just in from rippin' up the lawn playin' footie ,which i hate !,but the eldest wanted a kick about ,never refuse anytime outside with them..my grass is F@@ed an I Hate that ! spend time with them and don't play Comp.games with them.8 hrs one Sun trying to get Spiderman from roof to roof.never Again! I always wanted a Diasy B.B. gun ,like what was advertised in the D.C. Superman comics when I was a Kid,my old man got me a Bladder,an set me out to play Myself ,Always Some other time Son,if a could have went to the pub I would have been sorted,same for most of my pals ! So my kids got One thanks to Big Bruces at Tackle & gun.pop cans out the back for hours.If they want out somwhere if Possible I take them. The FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER in my book :yes:

certainly wasnt the case for the west family

• Like 1

I found one of those old fashioned die cast Spud Guns in the pound shop the other week. My son LOVES it. Bits of potatoes all over my b@stard windows now, but hey ho, at least he's outside having fun :laugh: And he's under strict instruction NOT to shoot his sisters in the eyes with it :thumbs::laugh:

There not all the same.

At the back ok my house the keeper stays (only houses for about 15 miles). He has two kids aged 4 and 9. The 9 year old lad literally spends HOURS amusing himself outdoors. Chasing rabbits, making things, sitting outside rabbit holes with a sharpened stick :laugh: etc etc

He is a fantastic kid, does what he is told when he is told and not a bit of cheek out of him. Always polite, feel sorry for him as he has no friends to play with but it doesn't seem to bother him.

He comes in to play pool most nights with us just to pass the time.

I think if you pander to their every need they learn to expect it and then there becomes a lack of respect.

Spare the rod spoil the child :icon_redface:

(not that I would know, i dont have kids, just an observation)

FTB