Georges first rabbit

George had his first rabbit this afternoon, he was popping his head in & out of the holes for half an hour or so , then he went right in , waiting for something to happen seemed like hours :laugh:

After an hour i was getting worried incase he was stuck, then i heard a squeel & noticed him trying to drag a rabbit out

240676591.jpg

Then before i could get my arm in the hole to get him out & get the rabbit he went back down again, i managed to get my fingertips on the rabbits feet & slowly pull him out :laugh: i had that task as other half wouldnt do it :whistle: wuss :laugh:

241281892.jpg

George had a taste of what will hopefully become a regular thing :)

241281891.jpg

So all in all we enjoyed ourselves :yes:

Well done Ferretlove. :clapper::clapper: , did you use any nets, or did you not bother because if the rabbit bolted you knew that big bugger would out run it. :whistle: :clapper: , if you take hols in cornwall this year i will give you a weeks work on rabbit clearance. :big_boss: :thumbs-up:

:o

Well done Ferretlove. :clapper::clapper: , did you use any nets, or did you not bother because if the rabbit bolted you knew that big bugger would out run it. :whistle: :clapper: , if you take hols in cornwall this year i will give you a weeks work on rabbit clearance. :big_boss: :thumbs-up:

Your on :laugh: yes nets were used but nothing bolted , i was one side of the trees & he was the other , then i heard a squeel :o he had got hold of one but went back down the bloody hole before i could grap him :laugh: , he was well up for it after he pottered round for a bit in the first place , to be honest i hadnt realised how many holes there were, far to many for one ferret & not enough nets :)

While i was sitting having a min waiting for some action the bloody rabbits were running round happily playing a few hundred yards away

After we finnished we walked round the edge of the field & saw loads of places needing doing so i am a very happy bunny :clapper:

It was only one but its a start :)

Good stuff.. :good: .. but to be on the safe side you would be better of investing in a locator collar before you put any of you ferret's down the bunnie hole's.. and it will make the waiting time'sa lot quicker ..

Millet

Well done Kay, :clapper:

but as Millet has said it would be a good idea to invest in a locator at least for your own piece of mind,had you needed to dig your ferret out as a novice you could of been forced to dig out the whole burry as I know you wouldn'y have left without him. :victory:

Bob

Thanks chaps, i have taken on board you advice regarding the locator , now i have used a MK1 before that my father in law is using but i dont know what to do about going for the MK3 type, its not a cost issue, so do you think i should just get the new one ?

Or look for the MK1 locator, which i found fairly easy to use, as i havent seem the MK3 being used i have nothing realy to compare it with.

Hob&jill your point about the collar possibly not fitting round either of these hobs necks is a bit of a worry does anyone have a MK3 colar to hand that they could measure the length of so i can see how big it is :laugh:

Good stuff.. :good: .. but to be on the safe side you would be better of investing in a locator collar before you put any of you ferret's down the bunnie hole's.. and it will make the waiting time'sa lot quicker ..

Millet

Well done Kay, :clapper:

but as Millet has said it would be a good idea to invest in a locator at least for your own piece of mind,had you needed to dig your ferret out as a novice you could of been forced to dig out the whole burry as I know you wouldn'y have left without him. :victory::D

Bob

Hi Bob long time no see :) hope you & Jackie are keeping well, and all your ferrets :D

Just measured it, its 18cm to the nearest hole, and 21 cm from tip to toe ( although you would have to make a allowance for the hole and buck to fit)

The mk3 is good, I think the main problem is that people are used to the mk1 and how much simpler it is to use, once you get the hang of it there great. Weather its better or worst than the mk1 is an open debate really.

Just measured it, its 18cm to the nearest hole, and 21 cm from tip to toe ( although you would have to make a allowance for the hole and buck to fit)

The mk3 is good, I think the main problem is that people are used to the mk1 and how much simpler it is to use, once you get the hang of it there great. Weather its better or worst than the mk1 is an open debate really.

Thanks for that , think i will go for the MK3 i will have a look on the net at prices etc :D