Georges first rabbit

Hi Bob long time no see hope you & Jackie are keeping well, and all your ferrets

We're fine still trying to cram too much into a week,but it keeps you young.

As for which locator to buy personally I would go for the mk3 they seem pretty simple to use once you get used to them, I find turning the volume off untill final pin pointing works for me.

I also think that on occasion you may start using the locator too soon and if a rabbit came to the top of a hole as they sometimes do the noise could spooke them.

I have no problem with the mk1 but technolaogy moves on.

I wouldn't dream of working any of my ferrets without a locator - the Mk3 is good and well worth the outlay.

I've got some pest control to do next week but I doubt if I'll be using ferrets - it'll be lamping or air rifle. The ferrets will be a last resort, I just don't like ferreting when the young rabbits are around.

Edited by ferreter
Well done on the bunny, may it be the first of many for you and George.

He looks to be in excellent condition, obviously very well looked after.

George had his first outing on saturday, but i have been with my husband many times before although i wasnt as bothered before as i am now :) i had previously shown ferrets but got fed up with that so now want to be more involved in working them rather than just having them as a pet.

I just need to get better organised for the Autumn & i still havent dispatched one yet as George killed his dinner on Sat :D , so as i am a novice at the disptching bit i was hoping to get that chance on Sat but it didnt happen.

I have no prob gutting them but i wont deny the fact that if i dont despatch the rabbit properly i will just die :blink: , so i think its time to grit me teeth & shut me eyes & get on with the job in hand :)

Well done on the bunny, may it be the first of many for you and George.

He looks to be in excellent condition, obviously very well looked after.

George had his first outing on saturday, but i have been with my husband many times before although i wasnt as bothered before as i am now :) i had previously shown ferrets but got fed up with that so now want to be more involved in working them rather than just having them as a pet.

I just need to get better organised for the Autumn & i still havent dispatched one yet as George killed his dinner on Sat :D , so as i am a novice at the disptching bit i was hoping to get that chance on Sat but it didnt happen.

I have no prob gutting them but i wont deny the fact that if i dont despatch the rabbit properly i will just die :blink: , so i think its time to grit me teeth & shut me eyes & get on with the job in hand :)

Ah, gotcha. :D May it be the first of many bunnies for George then.

They are not particularly difficult to kill, just hold the back legs and give a good hard downwards pull on the head with your free hand. If it really bothers you, shoot one/obtain a shot one and have a go at necking it whilst it's dead, will give you some peace of mind. :yes:

I was worried about the exact same thing when I started out, was suprised at how easy it turned out to be.