27 bunnies in 4 hours with this years kits!

tegater

Nothing unusual about this I am sure, but went out today, with a couple of this years Jills, plus one from last year. The permission is packed with rabbits, and is ideal for starting them off on. Took 40 nets with me, but could have done with 60 on the big warren. Also took me own kits Harry aged 10 and Jack aged 7!!

Started off a little slow, and I think they were a little unsure, but they soon got into action after a short lunch break.

All the little things like working their way through the nets for the first time properly, all fell into place, with a couple of times their collars getting caught, but apart from that and a small nip from the albino one as I dragged her out of the hole by the net, all was well.

At one point we thought a big dig was for certain, but the locator showed accuratly it was only a 3 footer! Not bad on the banking we were on.

At the end of the day we were 27 bunnies up, with only a couple of losses. One because the peg pulled out in the hard surface soil, and the other as a result of not enough nets!!

Looks like I will be sowing again over the next few days.

I've no pics to show, as I forgot my camera, however I have taken some video footage, which I will stick up when I can.

• Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing unusual about this I am sure, but went out today, with a couple of this years Jills, plus one from last year. The permission is packed with rabbits, and is ideal for starting them off on. Took

Here's the link to the vid.

great video. good to see the kids enjoying it. the future of the sport. thats great land mines in woodland full of bramble and all kinds. well done.

Good little vid that mate and great to see you getting the kids out with you. After having read a horror story on one of the forums about someone getting bit by a rabbit on the plums i'd get them to pin them down with the foot or something instead of squatting like that over them coz that might put them off for life :icon_eek:

Good little vid that mate and great to see you getting the kids out with you. After having read a horror story on one of the forums about someone getting bit by a rabbit on the plums i'd get them to pin them down with the foot or something instead of squatting like that over them coz that might put them off for life :icon_eek:

Never noticed it at the time, I just said to him, "jump on bunnies as they come out, but dont crush them". He'll laugh when he reads your comment, and hopefully learn.!!!

Av been bit on the hand a few times but never me short n dangelys.... think ill keep that in mind

nice vid mate!