• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm led to believe that its the coursing crew that runs the show and picks the judges for the open show,But its T.Allen that orginisers the judge for the champion of champions.Now i could be speaking

we all know theres corrupt people in shows clachan, its the way it will always be in every walk of life mate you just ignore it.i just want to say how you mentioned last year and dont take it the wron

i run with paddy twice a week throughout the winter and believe me he is not afraid to speak his mind to anyone .both him and the tracy allan has been in contact with the owner concerned and he has ca

I remember going to shows when i was a nipper and the lads youst to be brushing the dirt off the dogs from the same morning half of them werent even clipped the beer tent was wright by the terrier ring all the old terrier lads in there with there red faces telling there stories the good old days, i think powlls dog deserved to win it was a cracking looking dog stood well im saying that and im into me russells never been into the black dogs or the chocolate dogs but that dog looked smart, i think the end of the day every dog in the rings a winner thats nwhy they got to nthat show and i suppose it is hard for the judge to pick a winner out of those dogs they were all crackers :thumbs:

we all know theres corrupt people in shows clachan, its the way it will always be in every walk of life mate you just ignore it.i just want to say how you mentioned last year and dont take it the wrong way, i remember after the midland last year people on here moaning about it saying they heard the winner before the show etc its an easy way to taint a judges name, you judged a show last week and picked the type you keep does this mean your a corrupt judge? ofcourse not it means you picked the type you keep because you thought it was the best on the day, i said to linzi on the way down a red would probably win so i predicted the result, and it happened, i still went down for the crack, again it doesnt mean theres corruption? most of the people that would be in with a chance would be known people in the show world so to predict the dogs doesnt mean anything either, going by the way people are talking on this thread i take it theres 2 judges? i think the organisers would be going a bit far to pick judges from all over britain just for a show, iv qualified for the midland before i didnt go because it was a trek i couldnt be bothered doing not because i didnt think i was in with a shout, i would never not go to a show because a certain person was judging or if id heard rumours or even if i knew the judge didnt like me, we here rumours and conspiracys all the time at shows especially about big shows it will always happen, but because someone keeps a type and somebody says to another person that type would be picked doesnt mean hes a bent judge it could be easily done if a judge keeps lakies and a specimen lakeland is put infront of him for a jack russel to beat it it would need to have something extra, lets not forget its just a show lads if the gamefairs shite then fair enough but let the winner bask in his glory.

• Like 3

clachan and grant both make very valid points..arguements both ways...the only way to stop people Predicting the outcome is to not release the names of the judges....but then you d get the "i would nt have come if i knew he was judging" so perhaps its a no win situation

• Like 1

Ive been taken the wrong way.1st.Im not saying the judges are bent,im saying that the orginisers are picking judges that like the same type of dog.And if that happens year on year its enevitale that more often than not it will be that type of dog that wins."2nd.. Last years winner was a deserved winner.clachan

Ive been taken the wrong way.1st.Im not saying the judges are bent,im saying that the orginisers are picking judges that like the same type of dog.And if that happens year on year its enevitale that more often than not it will be that type of dog that wins."2nd.. Last years winner was a deserved winner.clachan

think you wrote your piece very diplomatically..and i agree with what your saying..think the posts are going slightly off track from the point you were making.

clachan and grant both make very valid points..arguements both ways...the only way to stop people Predicting the outcome is to not release the names of the judges....but then you d get the "i would nt have come if i knew he was judging" so perhaps its a no win situation

hit the nail on the head, iv never bothered before i go to a show to try and find this out, i never would and if im told whos judging it doesnt bother me and certainly wouldnt stop me from going, if somebody doesnt go to a show because a certain person is judging then their in the game for the wrong reasons, there going to a show to win, there not intrested in a day out or to give money to a club or a wee rosette or whatever they want to win and nothing less and i think they should give up, if shows ever affected me in this way i would never show a dog again so everybody should keep the judges a secret and if people dont come because of this all the better.

i know what you meant B, its just the bit about predicting a result i wanted to point out we could all make predictions and if they come out names could be put down to people that dont know the judges personally and rumours start so anything i hear like that just gos in 1 ear out the other mate.

i thought the judges names was supposed o be hush hush at the midlands i judged the champion lurchers and was told not to let anyone know but still a few people new . trouble is the moaners and whiners are always going to do it. its as if they cannot enjoy the day for what it is a good day out with like minded folk .feck me if it bothers people that much why not stay at home save your money but i bet certain ones would still moan about it .whether they go or not .we are not known in australia as rthe whining poms for nothing .

think thats a bit unlikely its more than likely the dogs if theyre of the same type are a good show dog and impress the judge because the part where you say they pick judges who like the same type means when choosing a judge the orgianiser must be asking them what type they have a preferance for.

heres a thought,theres plenty of shows running in ireland north and south that bring the judges in from england so how can a show as big as the midland not bring someone over to do it as theres a few good judges of a dog over here,

• Like 1