Would you pay for your digging?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by the nature of the post it sounds like yur man wooly is lookin to see if the normal joe soap that keeps diggin dogs would be willing to donate money to whichever hunt, in exchange for permission to

I'de sooner give em my first born son, but then again i'de give the tw@t to anyone. NOT A CHANCE

You take all the shit and do all the work and do them the favour so why should you pay ?

i defo would defo pay to get good permission on on the right land i would also pay a good amount to get solo hunting rights to the land its a no brainer for me. i would rather give up a few nights on the piss to pay for a full seasons digging, thats the way i see it .

The week before last we were out running a few holes for a farmer and he tried to give us the price of a few pints,20 euro to be precise,we told him, the day we start taking money for this is the day we would pack it in.It was a nice geusture all the same,nice to be appreciated,it also opened up a neighbouring farm to us,it would be a cold day in hell before i would pay to work my dogs anywhere,get out and put in the leg work during the off season and you should have plenty of work for your tykes come autum/winter

Terrierwork would go the same way IMO as the shooting field ,those that can afford it,Shoot them that can't Beat ! Just starts a two teir system and then more money gets offered pricing the less well off out of the field ! I just manage to afford Deisel to get me there,with all the other committments on my cash, House ,Bills Kids etc. Was there not a guy buying up permission a couple of years back,in the Countrymans Weekly ? how many lost ground there ? Money gets into eveything now and ruins everthing it touches !Handshakes and repaying / bartering favours seems a thing of the past.I can remember in the Trade a joiner would do a job for you in exchange for a job done in return happy days with no money needed to be Exchanged :bad:

I was thinking more in terms of terrier work for the hunts but interesting to here what people think in paying for general permission.

I personally think it would be a sad day when we end up paying for our sport but I have been digging for over 25 years and it has been hard work getting the trust of Farmers and Game keepers over the years bearing in mind most of our land is arable now with not much live stock. Most of our permission has been obtained through years of beating and ferreting where we needed to get to no the keepers before they would let us put a terrier in the ground. We all know you need a lot of permission to keep digging regularly as often than not around ours their not in the ground. Last season I was beating on a shoot and queried the Keeper on Terrier work and he was quiet adamant that they didn’t need to dig as they had a guy around every week shooting their foxes not every ones attitude thankfully!

I sure if I ever moved into a new area I would struggle to get regular work for the terriers and I if was offered say for the price of a gun in a small syndicate the chance to dig for a local hunt twice a week being pretty much guaranteed work I must say I would be tempted.

i can understand the lads who say no.as money does ruin everthing.

But on the other hand i would pay a farmer for lamping permission.the question is how much?and when the next season comes along and someones offered more?

on the otherhand i would offer free labour on a specific job related to my trade.

And on a last note i know lads who pay for there specific perm.and the farmer does well out of it.but so do the lads with thousands of acres to go at

• Like 1

About 10 years ago had a nice spot of permission until a local cnutbag went to see the farmer and offered him cash for the sole rights to the permission, of course the greedy farmer jumped at the chance and me and a couple of mates lost out, this bellend had shit dogs and lots of money...but no friends, cant think why.............