Peoples opinion

all ways on slip! lamp dont aid the dogs viewing only aids my viewing of the run plus there lot of things i dont want the dog running these people that say i can call my dog off from running stuff they dont want the dog running are big jokers! :thumbs: the dog is bred to catch an wants to run stuff an catch these people are to be taken with a pinch of salt when on slip your in control of what your dog will run :yes:

You should be in control of the dog on or off the slip. If you aren't it isnt trained properly. Lamp lighting quarry-go,lamp off,back to you. Simple. If the dog doesnt do that then its not a lamp dog,its a point and shoot coursing dog thats not trained to the lamp properly.

yet another know it all :censored:

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if youve to shout at your dog whilst out lamping would it not be better to keep him on the slip instead of scaring everything off in that field and maby the next ones ??

put them on a slip

all ways on slip! lamp dont aid the dogs viewing only aids my viewing of the run plus there lot of things i dont want the dog running these people that say i can call my dog off from running stuff the

when iv got my bull x off the lead and it sees something i dont want it to go for i shout at it and he comes back to me iv done this with him since he was a pup and he does it no problem now.

if youve to shout at your dog whilst out lamping would it not be better to keep him on the slip instead of scaring everything off in that field and maby the next ones ??

Edited by munster man
  • Like 2

all ways on slip! lamp dont aid the dogs viewing only aids my viewing of the run plus there lot of things i dont want the dog running these people that say i can call my dog off from running stuff they dont want the dog running are big jokers! :thumbs: the dog is bred to catch an wants to run stuff an catch these people are to be taken with a pinch of salt when on slip your in control of what your dog will run :yes:

You should be in control of the dog on or off the slip. If you aren't it isnt trained properly. Lamp lighting quarry-go,lamp off,back to you. Simple. If the dog doesnt do that then its not a lamp dog,its a point and shoot coursing dog thats not trained to the lamp properly.

so the minuite you flick your lamp on your dog is off after whats at the end of the beam even if you dont know whats at the end of it! i keep to the law my dogs are just for the bunnys i like to know what they are running when i say( slip lead) simple as that dont tell me your one of the jokers that can call is dog of from running a f/d/h/b or a black n white f**k me the dogs of old are back!think you read to many brian plummer an david hancock books :lol::D

when iv got my bull x off the lead and it sees something i dont want it to go for i shout at it and he comes back to me iv done this with him since he was a pup and he does it no problem now.

i do a lot of lamping by myself so if iv got a few rabbits in my hand and the lamp in the other and say a deer or something else is spotted by the dog what i dont want the dog to go for and he starts running then i knock the lamp off and give a quick shout and hes called off it might scare a few rabbits but id rather do that than him catch something hes not suppossed to atb :thumbs:

i do a lot of lamping by myself so if iv got a few rabbits in my hand and the lamp in the other and say a deer or something else is spotted by the dog what i dont want the dog to go for and he starts running then i knock the lamp off and give a quick shout and hes called off it might scare a few rabbits but id rather do that than him catch something hes not suppossed to atb :thumbs:

I'm always surprised by that, i'd be there shouting and the dog would be running in the dark . . . .no danger he'd stop from running sighted quarry, lamp or no lamp, shout or no shout, if he's lose and something he knows is ok to chase runs, he ain't stopping until it's caught, gone to ground, or somehow lost (and then he just goes nose to ground). . . . . . . but then maybe i;m a poor dog trainer.

• Like 1

I'm always surprised by that, i'd be there shouting and the dog would be running in the dark . . . .no danger he'd stop from running sighted quarry, lamp or no lamp, shout or no shout, if he's lose and something he knows is ok to chase runs, he ain't stopping until it's caught, gone to ground, or somehow lost (and then he just goes nose to ground). . . . . . . but then maybe i;m a poor dog trainer.

its just something iv done since he was a pup as my neighbours have got cats and when he was younger he used to go for them so i shouted at him and he would stop its the first dog that iv owned that does this mind all the others that iv owned didnt care if they wanted to chase something they would i just think iv been lucky with this dog cause im no dog trainer :laugh: i can teach them to lamp and ferret but thats about it.

I always,run on a slip.I decide ,when and what the dog chases.

Interesting that, because in march, you gave us all a lecture on how untrained our dogs were, because they could not be called off quarry . . . . . and then proceeded to tell us how you trained your dogs to be off slip, and how you called them off a chase, with the magic word 'yak'.

"Over the last two decades some of my mates have had,faster,more agile dogs that would run till their hearts burst and they were fine dogs .However i decide if a chase is viable and i make the choice,many a night i have avoided the slip against a long ear,if i`m after bunnies.IMO the secret to calling off a chase,requires the use of a chosen word used from a young age "yak" is the word i use,not likley to be heard everyday or confused with another command."