working border terrier club

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that you are getting of on the wrong foot.You are talking about a site to try and revive the working Border and yet it seems your prime requisit in a stud dog is blue and tan colour.You should

Mr Bluck's site has been running for some time now. I joined hoping it would start something useful for the working side of the breed. But I think it was a mistake from the beginning. IMO it would

have agree with you there dotty, the kc seems to be the root of all evil as far as pups are concerned,anything with papers make more dollar, i dont register my pups and for working dog lads , i also t

nothing ever happened on the wbt site, i used to post on there and payed my tenner and never heard a bloody thing, very disapointed, i still have me borders, im sending a pup to my son, and i have 2 left im goin to run them on, my dog is 8 now and been a good terr, above and below and sired a good few workers,

i cannae see why the idea of using an already established site to let border owners come together an promote the working border aint an option to you folk....

only problem i see there is if owners of sites like this an moochers wont let ye do it....

id like to see the borders make a comeback as diggin dogs, tho i seriously think the money aspect of things is fooking them up :thumbs:

have agree with you there dotty, the kc seems to be the root of all evil as far as pups are concerned,anything with papers make more dollar, i dont register my pups and for working dog lads , i also try and keep the price well down, my bitch had three dogs, and im not selling them, i think the reason the border is not as popular as it was, is not just the price, but it would seem, that the terriermen of today, do not have the patients for them to come a bit slower than the black stuff and people have been blinded by that, there is not much written about the wbt, anne roslin williams has done the best ive seen, but it caters for the modern terrier,what a real shame that someone like levi oakes did,nt put pen to paper when he was alive, things for the border may have been differrent, lets hope that the border enthusiast keeps up the work they are doing and seeks out workers.

• Like 2

how would you go about setting up a club. a club where it was only genuine working borders, where the members can keep in touch with how there dogs are doing and can organise days out with members to show your dogs working and to see others working. i have noticed ( myself included) that because its so hard to find genuine working stuff to own or to breed from that you just take people word for it that there workers and hope for the best. if you seen a number of borders working then you are in the position to pick and choose the dog which attributes best suited you for the next genaration. if the pups were being passed on to working homes between members and people willing to work them but not for kc prices then i think you have a great chance of getting them back to the way for what they were bred for. i for one dont mind travelling the country on free weekends or days off to see borders working.

• Like 1

Someone should make a forum or a kind of club for working border terriers. so people can get in touch with others when breeding workers to workers and distributing them to Woking homes between all the members, finding genuine working studs and litters. Something like the "working bedlington forum".

use Google and search for free web hosting with php 99 will have some sort off invasion bored as a one click install use that and see how it goes from there if it picks up get a proper hosting service ect and import the sql data base so you don't lose members and the posts ect its real simple and wont cost anything to do it at first

:thumbs: or send Ianb a message requesting a sub forum category for working borders if you don't feel up to it im sure he will help you guys out

already got a free dns ...wbt.uk.to im trying to set up a http server and configure it through my router to get out on the web...any help would be greatly appreciated...cheers lads

you would need a relatively fast connection speed to make it worth while bud

how would you go about setting up a club. a club where it was only genuine working borders, where the members can keep in touch with how there dogs are doing and can organise days out with members to show your dogs working and to see others working. i have noticed ( myself included) that because its so hard to find genuine working stuff to own or to breed from that you just take people word for it that there workers and hope for the best. if you seen a number of borders working then you are in the position to pick and choose the dog which attributes best suited you for the next genaration. if the pups were being passed on to working homes between members and people willing to work them but not for kc prices then i think you have a great chance of getting them back to the way for what they were bred for. i for one dont mind travelling the country on free weekends or days off to see borders working.

i think it would be silly to only allow border owners in a club, terriermen that keep other breeds/types will have so much to offer :thumbs:

• Like 1