when you breed.......................

a yapper is this trait hereditary ?,plenty lads come up with their own conclusions on why a dog may become a yapper,not fit enough,that type known for it,entered to early the list goes on etc but is it more likely that a litter from one will more often than not produce another,never bred a litter myself but would want as close to the best i could find as possible and one that gave tongue no matter its working capabilities just wouldnt suit me although completly understand that some lads can put up with it after all you prob had it over a year till you find out and might not be keen to get rid just interested to know cheers

Edited by watchman

I know a good spaniel trainer whosaid to me if your dog gives a yap or whine in a trial not only will no one into trialing want it but they also won't want one of its pups, so the dog just became totally a waste of space.

Im not saying this is fact but its what he told me of the spaniel training scene!

i have a first cross wheaton an the boy i got her from gave her a fox at 8months an she run up 2 it turned an came back to him but when i got her there wasnt a mute out of her till she hadnt been out in a while she started to yap at rabbits but shes got out more often an alot of weight took off an now shes fine not a peep again an a great lampin dog

Maybe your right, A lot of people can never admit their wrong tho it's easy to make excuses in life a lot easier to yourself than admitting you f****d up, I'm not saying there's not more chance of a terrier x yapping but I'm saying regardless of this it's the owners fault IMO if your gettin a terrier x and their bad for this and that would you not take extra measures to try and insure you didn't have this problem, 1 of the types I run is half x beddy grey, only time iv ever heard her bark is when people come near the garden and shes out with the kids maybe I took the time and done things right with her or maybe she's just not a yapper who knows? But I haver opinions on this subject everybody else is entitled to theirs

I agree no matter the x its usually going to be down to the owner entering to early or an unfit dog. But surely some are more likely to yap than others?

if so many lads are bringing on their beddy types with good results then why are so many on here week in week out trying to find answers to stop theirs yapping are there really that many lads just doing it all wrong,continualy entering young unfit dogs and with a type that is easily spoilt it seems, think i would make sure to go that extra mile to get it right knowing this in the first place

if so many lads are bringing on their beddy types with good results then why are so many on here week in week out trying to find answers to stop theirs yapping are there really that many lads just doing it all wrong,continualy entering young unfit dogs and with a type that is easily spoilt it seems, think i would make sure to go that extra mile to get it right knowing this in the first place

i think if they're likely to yap they will, saw a beddy bitch before didn't open up til about 2 years old,you only heard her on hare because she was completely out gunned for speed,,was mute when used for drawing and on other heavy quarry, bred a litter of mute pups too ,figure that one out??