Can it be done

in the long run yes,,,, and you run down here so you should know,,, on the big land i have found if i chase the dogs in the truck to keep up with the run, the dogs stand a better chance, the main reason is the hare not going out the lamp.............on that big land if your walking its very easy to loose the hare out of the lamp.

i cant belive you think difrent??

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive seen a wild red that would be about as big as they come taken with two dogs on the edge of the new forest, i have also taken 15 outta 15 hares on the plains and quiet a few 10 outta 10 with the s

i heard his dad can stop a hare in full flight,with a well aimed brogue

i was there i saw both the pups in question take 19 hares between them,they missed maybe 6 each,but if you dont think it can be done,i am sure the owner of the pups would show you,or maybe yous could

Posted Images

TOMO, As I said it enables you to keep up with the course or as you say keep it in the lamp. This doesnt make the hare easier but allows the course to run on to a kill or escape, unless your cutting the hare off which can also be done on foot if you know the lie of the land and the way there gona run. I never cut the hares off walking or driving I prefer to let the dog do its job. What a motor does is give the dog no excuse.

must be porshe cayenne s these posh lampers are using to keep up with an hare

Hares are estimated to run at 40mph, a yugo firing on two cylinders could do that :laugh: One thing i wonder is, WHY would you want to run two 12 month old dogs on 19 hares........

i base my reason on doing both on the same land,,, and without dowt the motor was more efective,, on that land round grantham, its very open with thin hedges,, so there vertualy no way of cutting a hare off on foot, if thats what you wanted to do. but its also so vast the hare can go the other way streight out the beam in seconds if your on foot that would be an end to it.

your right in 1 respect,, the dog still has to do the work,, and they can still get long runs,, but the sheer fact its hard for them to get out the light over a brough in the field.

must be porshe cayenne s these posh lampers are using to keep up with an hare

Hares are estimated to run at 40mph, a yugo firing on two cylinders could do that :laugh: One thing i wonder is, WHY would you want to run two 12 month old dogs on 19 hares........

40 mph is flat out,, i dowt there doing 30 when the dog is on them with all the stop start and twisting.

TOMO I get what your saying but a hare getting out the beam doesnt make it a good or hard hare. Keeping a hare in the lamp does not make it easier unless its a mug then the dog should kill it quick anyway. As for hedges a decent dog shouldnt need a hedge, I personly dont rate a dog untill it starts to kill in the open on any type of game.

The brown hare is built for speed and can reach 72 km/h (45 mph). In addition to its speed, the brown hare will also swerve in a zigzag fashion to avoid predators. The brown hare holds the record as the fastest British land animal.

The joys of google........

TOMO I get what your saying but a hare getting out the beam doesnt make it a good or hard hare. Keeping a hare in the lamp does not make it easier unless its a mug then the dog should kill it quick anyway. As for hedges a decent dog shouldnt need a hedge, I personly dont rate a dog untill it starts to kill in the open on any type of game.

GOOD you get what im saying,, thats an end to it then,,