Can it be done

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive seen a wild red that would be about as big as they come taken with two dogs on the edge of the new forest, i have also taken 15 outta 15 hares on the plains and quiet a few 10 outta 10 with the s

i heard his dad can stop a hare in full flight,with a well aimed brogue

i was there i saw both the pups in question take 19 hares between them,they missed maybe 6 each,but if you dont think it can be done,i am sure the owner of the pups would show you,or maybe yous could

Posted Images

very good windy,, you lernt how to google,,, but a 4x4 even an old fourtrack can double that

not on plough or new sown fields surely even not on wet ground,

being as i always run on permision,, i would not drive on those fields,, only stubble and grass

TOMO I get what your saying but a hare getting out the beam doesnt make it a good or hard hare. Keeping a hare in the lamp does not make it easier unless its a mug then the dog should kill it quick anyway. As for hedges a decent dog shouldnt need a hedge, I personly dont rate a dog untill it starts to kill in the open on any type of game.

GOOD you get what im saying,, thats an end to it then,,

I didnt say I agreed :laugh:

Easier no more EFFECTIVE yes.

A motor uncovers the wankers quicker in both game and dogs.

Edited by Josy

27 in one night if this realy did happen the best part of them must have been out of the seat with out even getting to run still find it hard to belive thats a lot of running for one dog

Think he said two dogs mate, even so ive never seen anything like it. I was never really into hares, went to the odd meet and enjoyed watching it but my dogs didnt have the ability to course daytime hares with much success.......

Don't know about the rabbit or hares but do know red can be taken with a dog. Not taken the big stags but hinds and small stags

Nobody said you cant take them they are a hard task and take some pulling even the hinds can go on and drag a dog a way,when you say a small stag by what weight do you call a small red stag and how many dogs have you seen on one ? and to be honest i thought this thread was about taking large numbers of hares :thumbs:

I've seen a deerhound cross greyhound bitch that was around 26 inches to the shoulder (I never measured her, is an estimation) take red as a regular occurence but she was something special. A small stag is as I've said 80-120 lbs, I've owned and seen dogs take red by themselves and living on the edge of exmoor its something I've always wanted in a dog. I believe its something the dog learns eventually, I have however seen large hinds and decent size stags drag 3 dogs away like they where not thereAtb 123456

Fella a small red stag is way above that weight a small red hind is even above that weight i would even class a small fallow buck above that weight,i dont know where you have ever seen a red stag at 80-120lbs a male red at that weight would be very very young indeed and thats just wrong putting a dog on one at that age anyway

sorry I'm not making myself clear, I was always taught to talk about deer in regards to dressed weight for e.g I'd say a roe is 30-60 lbs

No mate a dog dosent pull them down dressed does it

TOMO I get what your saying but a hare getting out the beam doesnt make it a good or hard hare. Keeping a hare in the lamp does not make it easier unless its a mug then the dog should kill it quick anyway. As for hedges a decent dog shouldnt need a hedge, I personly dont rate a dog untill it starts to kill in the open on any type of game.

100% spot on

many years ago seen with my own eyes minshaws blue catch 27 in one night single handed and probably would have still ran a few more

never

lancer no need to lie dont keep minshaw dogs never have went out 3 times with victor 20 years ago seen that blue do 27 hares yes small fields but middle of winter not leverets all single handed second time out went to penrith watched the same dog do 112 rabbits in one night single handed third time out watched same dog pull several hares 3 foxes and 2 red deer like i said that dog was the best ive seen in 30 years dont think ill see another like it ever again

so whats this post about????? this one is even better...it must be some dog ya spoof whistling.gif

think ya need to read up on this dog before ya open ya mouth gobshite

i know there were good bags caught with that dog,but never has that many hares caught with one dog either summer or winter,and anyone who done abit should know that,while on about minshaws blue did he have to dogs of that name the first one died after getting a cut off barb wire.

new victor well blue ended going to squeaky from whitehaven thats where he ended up

i know there were good bags caught with that dog,but never has that many hares caught with one dog either summer or winter,and anyone who done abit should know that,while on about minshaws blue did he have to dogs of that name the first one died after getting a cut off barb wire.

new victor well blue ended going to squeaky from whitehaven thats where he ended up

Blue got killed didnt he

Blue got killed didnt he

when i left cumbria 20 odd years ago squeaky had him in his kennel

Blue got killed didnt he

when i left cumbria 20 odd years ago squeaky had him in his kennel

ok pal.. best night of hares Blue had was 28 hares, and this was with another dog called nipper..never heard of him doing it singlehanded...

100% spot on

What time is it ?