Help... I can no longer donate to the RSPCA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always recycle my junk mail, post all the junk mail back in pre paid enverlopes, they have to pay someone a hourly rate to open and check for cash, aswell as the postage. Just keepnig someone in job

old kitchen tiles fit into envelopes quite well

Good for weight and can be cut to fit,   but impractical due to the value of lead

imagine if everybody on THL posted a few housebricks. theyd go bust!

My thoughts exactly. If people consistently did this it would cost them.. a lot! It would also mean their marketing campaigns may become financially nonviable so they may have to rethink how they actually get money through the door in the first place.

In short if everybody did this it would hit both their means of getting money in and also the money they already have in. I am not sure however if this fractures a few rules/laws so obviously this is all hypothetical!

It's been done before to lacs and the post office just waived the bill

http://www.thehuntin...opic/4823-lacs/

yeh your right of course, still good to be a pain though. May cost them if it remains on a smaller scale mind you

I think that's the way little and often when lacs was done they got shite loads all at once but if it isn't so obvious then I bet they end up paying :thumbs:

It's been done before to lacs and the post office just waived the bill

http://www.thehuntin...opic/4823-lacs/

yeh your right of course, still good to be a pain though. May cost them if it remains on a smaller scale mind you

I think that's the way little and often when lacs was done they got shite loads all at once but if it isn't so obvious then I bet they end up paying :thumbs:

Yeh it would be a balancing act if they get too much they would just go to the post office and get it waived. That said the time and resource it would take to sort unwanted mail, send staff to sorting offices and if it gets too much involve senior staff to organise getting it waived is all cost to them, even if not direct financial cost but cost in man power/time etc.

I bet (and i dont know) that even in the case of LACS when they got away with not paying the million odd £ mail bill, it would have cost them in the tens of thousands in admin and management costs... but again, i dont know how organisations work internally

I got the same begging letter so i have placed their letter in the freepost envelope and added a little note about a recent case where they did not act on several reports of dogs being left to starve which resulted in the death of several greyhounds!

make sure you also add something heavy!

fill it with used condoms

and anyway I am married, it would take me years to build up a decent supply of used condoms

You get a free supply from family planning get your mates to help and mix some white talc with water and there ya go no need to kill yourself filling them lol

fill it with used condoms

and anyway I am married, it would take me years to build up a decent supply of used condoms

You get a free supply from family planning get your mates to help and mix some white talc with water and there ya go no need to kill yourself filling them lol

LOL You must have some different type mates to me. If i gave my mates a bag of condoms and said 'fill em up' I am fairly confident that the response would not be positive.

• 3 months later...

Think the idea of the blanket bombing of the Leagues freepost address was just to get it closed, so it takes away an extra source of income for them. the bill they might incur was just an added bonus!

It's taken away that option for them in the future too. Royal mail might waiver a bill once but a second bill would be enforced. They can't keep soaking up the costs of sort office emplyee's sorting which mail to throw away and which to keep.

On a side note xmas cards come with there own envelope and the cheap ones can now be bought by the hundred for a pound or two....

Delivery of an envelope costs a freepost address 39p apparently small or large.

:whistling:

Edited to add if your scared the postie might lose your xmas card in all this bad weather then Jewsons are giving away free sample bricks at the moment... you could write your xmas wishes on that! lol

Edited by bullmastiff
  • Like 1