Help... I can no longer donate to the RSPCA

hmm this has all got me thinking :hmm: :hmm:

but how do you get the said object into the postal service?? if its small enough to get in the post boxes (red ones on the streets) then theres no questions but how do you get a brick out?? or do you take it to the post office and then say they'll pay on the other end?? :hmm:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always recycle my junk mail, post all the junk mail back in pre paid enverlopes, they have to pay someone a hourly rate to open and check for cash, aswell as the postage. Just keepnig someone in job

old kitchen tiles fit into envelopes quite well

Good for weight and can be cut to fit,   but impractical due to the value of lead

but how do you get the said object into the postal service?? if its small enough to get in the post boxes (red ones on the streets) then there's no questions but how do you get a brick out?? or do you take it to the post office and then say they'll pay on the other end?? :hmm:

Take to the post office and 'discuss it' with them until they agree to send. That is if there is any push back but there wont be as its not really their job to question the contents of a package, they shouldn't care what is in it and whether the recipient will mind paying, It is the organisations who is issuing pre-paid envelopes responsibility to cover the costs

You can still fit a decent amount of stuff into a red post box anyway

Edited by lapin2008

but how do you get the said object into the postal service?? if its small enough to get in the post boxes (red ones on the streets) then there's no questions but how do you get a brick out?? or do you take it to the post office and then say they'll pay on the other end?? :hmm:

Take to the post office and 'discuss it' with them until they agree to send. That is if there is any push back but there wont be as its not really their job to question the contents of a package, they shouldn't care what is in it and whether the recipient will mind paying, It is the organisations who is issuing pre-paid envelopes responsibility to cover the costs

"On a side note xmas cards come with there own envelope and the cheap ones can now be bought by the hundred for a pound or two....

Delivery of an envelope costs a freepost address 39p apparently small or large"

seems like a good idea ^^^^ print off 100 of said address tape to envelope and post away :yes: :yes:

"On a side note xmas cards come with there own envelope and the cheap ones can now be bought by the hundred for a pound or two....

seems like a good idea ^^^^ print off 100 of said address tape to envelope and post away :yes: :yes:

Would there not be some sort of authenticity check that the post office can do? If you photo copied the original and taped that so it was the same size etc, but there must be some point within the postal process where they are scanned in some way so that royal mail know where to send the bill. Am asking as I genuinely don't know but this sounds like a very good idea.

Would there not be some sort of authenticity check that the post office can do? If you photo copied the original and taped that so it was the same size etc, but there must be some point within the postal process where they are scanned in some way so that royal mail know where to send the bill. Am asking as I genuinely don't know but this sounds like a very good idea.

i dont think they do, another thing you can do is run the envelope through the printer to minamise work and effort on your self and maximise effect :thumbs:

i dont think they do, another thing you can do is run the envelope through the printer to minamise work and effort on your self and maximise effect :thumbs:

It must be scanned in some way so as to automate the billing process, unless they actually pay someone to sit and make a note of the prepay number on all of these addresses. I would be surprised if all it takes is to write prepay address yourself.

I will wait till I get the next freepost request and get some scanned and put up here for all to use