how old do u start taking a pup out

i would,nt take it out untill the dog ready 2 chase and stronger enough ,say 9 month let it watch 1 or 2 nights with experince dog then give some slips in the middle of the field sqatters ,i would,nt take it out any earlier cause it frustrait the dog if it does a lot watching and start 2 yap on

i take my dogs out as soon as they have had there first jab. the pup i have at the moement is 6 and a half months old now and is catching almost everytime i go out, and i started him at 7 and a half weeks.

my old dog went out from 8 weeks old he hes 7 years old next week and still going strong.

Edited by trigger2

Man Alive - you boys are too much ! If all you want to do is work a dog, then buy yourself a dog that's ready to work (their are plenty about) Otherwise if you want a dog that's all your own, get a pup, nurture it, train it and bound with it. . when she's twelve months (1 year) start working her gentle enough until she's 2, then unleash the reigns! a dog is a pup until it's remember. Happy hunting

All depends on the pup but it doesn't do any harm to take them out JUST TO WATCH from 4/5 months onwards.

They get a bit of insight into the lamp, moving around in darkness, maybe get a nose at a fresh kill. etc etc etc.

HTH.

Cheers, D.

All depends on the pup but it doesn't do any harm to take them out JUST TO WATCH from 4/5 months onwards.

They get a bit of insight into the lamp, moving around in darkness, maybe get a nose at a fresh kill. etc etc etc.

HTH.

Cheers, D.

i think taking them out 2 early just 2 watch if you not going slip it will frustraite a dog and somtimes can make a dog yapp on ,seen it louds of times

:tongue2: :tongue2: mine is coming on 1 now an hes doing the buisness well,made mistakes as we all have at some point with previous pups an learned from them, took him out on lamp with intention of charlie because dog had shown me he was ready, bagged a nice vixs took some punishment but easily sorted so who gives a feck what age they are if its your dog an you think its ready go for it.... old timers chill young blood thrives...... :tongue2: Edited by toffee

Mine didn't get a decent run till 12 month, but started taking him to watch at around 7/8 month, it's all down to the dogs maturity IMO.

You wouldn't ask a baby to go work for a living, it's just the same with a dog.

Enter them too early and you will experience yapping when chasing game. Seen it many if time and it's a real heartbreaker.

Dont rush and enter when ready.

ATB with pup, HD.