dogs cut leg really need help

My dog has cut her leg on some barb wire and its quite deep but [bANNED TEXT] i run my hand over her back it feels like ther is air between her skin and her body, and the sound is horrible sounds like paper getting scrunched together. can anyone help need to know weather she will be ok??

atb BCL

not rocket science is it!! try a VET

You say deep, how deep? It could be a skin tear where just salt water will suffice.

Do you have Hibiscrub? I use this to wash all cuts/wounds ect...

If it's a flappy type tear then off to vets unless you know a person who knows exactly what he's doing with staples.

Do you insure your dogs?

Air gets into an open wound in certain places on the body: and then can spread an alarming way. the good news is that it will eventually be reabsorbed by the body with no harm done, but it can increase a lot if the wound is sucking in air each time the dog moves and can be quite extensive. If you are new to this sort of injury then see a vet immediately: experienced lurcher owners know what needs fixing by a vet, and what can be left to heal naturally, or be home treated. If you are unsure that is a good reason to see the vet.

Don't mess about if it's a deep cut, if it needs stitching you could be creating problems by not getting it stitched. I learned my lesson with a small but deep cut recently (only about 2cm wide). I could keep infection away with regular cleaning and disinfecting but every time it started to heal it would reopen creating more scar tissue which would have made it really difficult to stitch if it had come to that. It did eventually heal O.K but I wouldn't take the risk again.

Edited by hogdog

ALRIGHT MATE .

EASY FIX.

LIE DOG DOWN,SQUEEZE THE AIR OUT AND STITCH IT .

DONT STITCH TIGHT ,JUST ENOUGH TO NIT IT .

CHECK THE MORRA IF IYS WEEPING AND STICHES HAVENT BEEN CHEWED LEAVE IT.

OTHER WAY DRY WITH A TOWEL AND SUPERGLUE IF ITS A CLEAN OR L SHAPED RIP.

VETS ARE CROOKS/ROBBERS.

NEVER GO TO VETS /PERIOD.

IF YOU NO ANY FARMERS ASK FOR 1ML DECTOMAX INJECT /SORTED :thumbs:

EVERY PENNYS A PRISONER :thumbs:

almost 30 years around greyhounds seen it many times ,no.1 antibiotics i.e course of penicillin no.2 get your dog to the beach walk it in the salt water plenty both wll work if you can do both all the better.

good advice half the people on her cant have had dogs that long its all vet,vet,vet if we took my dogs everytime they had a tear id be always at the vets clean the tear ,shot of penicillin antibiotics and find a good terrier man and he will sort it for ya

• Like 1