bedlington lurchers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably the same place everybody gets their 'genuine tested' bull terrier blood from in a large % of bull cross matings - Thin air..

beddy grey with splash of whippet, shes 23" tts just under 7 months and really big boned, hard as nails and been easy too train, not done much with her just socializing etc. seems too lose self contro

where do all the good bedlingtons come from to breed all these lurchers ,must be hard to find a working bedlington.

Posted Images

can these little terrier type really catch good fast rabits as ive saw some very good dogs tiol some nitghts i cant see the piont of having them about im maybe wrong but would love to see one do the biz in front of my old colie line be good to watch as im looking for a further stud in my colie line

can these little terrier type really catch good fast rabits as ive saw some very good dogs tiol some nitghts i cant see the piont of having them about im maybe wrong but would love to see one do the biz in front of my old colie line be good to watch as im looking for a further stud in my colie line

Ye they can, but probably not as much as a collie/whip/grey etc... , but what they lack for in the pace etc.. they sure as hell make up for it in determination and guts amd usually give 100% on everything they are slipped on.

Hope this helps.

we had beddie /whip ,,years ago,,,,yes could catch rabbits,,,,but a fast golf course rabbit,,,,no way forget it,,,maybe clapped lamped one ,,,a walked up daytime one nahhh,,,bolting rabbits yeah somtimes

he spent most his time bushing out or flushing from woodland for the faster running dogs ,,,,,but ill say this ,,,one HELL off a worker ,,,never stopped ,,do or die

where do u stay mate come and watch some good beddy cross work and catch plenty rabbits or i will come to you atb27112010079.jpg

rake aboot try working bedlington website,i was very sceptical and said so when iwent on there.the lads on there are top notch dead helpfull/knowledgable sometimes beddy X pups on there.state your case and im certain someone will help you out,some of the dogs on there are outstanding.and yes ,they definetly do work.youll be impressed atb mate dave

i know a lot of lads have a problem giving credit to the beddy cross for having bottle,,to be fair i dont know what they're like now, but years ago we worked some who were the bollox when the going got tough, we drew out more at the end of digs with beddy x's than wheatons who were too dog aggressive and would n't stand round off lead waiting to work, without bursting into some other dog,

could hold 8/10 pointers till the cavalry arrived , change from a leg hold to a nose hold without getting speared, on her own, and hold that for as long as it took us to get there,,

until you've seen a good one work i wouldn't tar them all with the same brush,,,

rake aboot try working bedlington website,i was very sceptical and said so when iwent on there.the lads on there are top notch dead helpfull/knowledgable sometimes beddy X pups on there.state your case and im certain someone will help you out,some of the dogs on there are outstanding.and yes ,they definetly do work.youll be impressed atb mate dave

:thumbs: will do mate,, am home now, so am looking in earnest,, want to find the right dog though so however long it takes !

quite fancy one myself but at the moment am to busy to do a pup justice,only reservation i have is the dog aggression ,not judging anyone i dont consider myself an expert by any means,but it could be down to training .let us know how you go on mate(just noticed ive been promoted to born hunter ,maybe i am an expert now lol ) dave

quite fancy one myself but at the moment am to busy to do a pup justice,only reservation i have is the dog aggression ,not judging anyone i dont consider myself an expert by any means,but it could be down to training .let us know how you go on mate(just noticed ive been promoted to born hunter ,maybe i am an expert now lol ) dave

What dog agression?

If scocalised properly - like you should do with any breed of dog, then they shouldnt have any dog agression at all.