Lowa Gore-Tex lined Combat Boots

This is my 2nd pair now of the Lowa Combat Boot, and i have found them to be a good quality boot, but i have had the same problem now with the two pairs in the same area of the boot where the leather has split open in the tongue area of the boot.

The first pair lasted me about 18 months, but the 2nd pair have developed the the exact same problem after only 12 months, these boots have been looked after and treated on a regular basis but it has made no difference at all, It amazes me when i read posts about people saying they have had their boots for 4,5, or even 6 years and they are still going strong, i just cant see it.......???????....few pics below of the problem anyone else had the same fault.

LOWA3.jpg

LOWA4.jpg

LOWA1.jpg

LOWA2.jpg

SINDASOX

:huh:

Unfortunately when I saw your name and boots, I knew what was coming.

That is not good, I can well imagine you must be the unhappiest man in the world after all the trouble you've had with boots!

I have got the same boots, but hardly wear them so can't compare.

Did you send the first pair back? If I were you, that pair would be joining them!

They really don't make things like they used to.

Sorry to hear your boot woes again.

Sindasox :laugh: . I was looking for a pair of Lowa Tibet Pro's, had Meindl's up until now, just fancied a change. I also looked at Danner (American) as I can get a really good deal on them.

Back to your problem, I'm not taking the piss Sindasox but in must be your feet and just the way they fit you, because they have gone in exactly the same place.

Guest dee mac

i ve a pair of meindl used for digging and now going into there 3rd season and stiil keeping water out and holding up too some serious abuse hopefully they keep going this season but when they do pack in i ll be replacing them with another pair

:huh:

Unfortunately when I saw your name and boots, I knew what was coming.

:laugh: .....Yeh, i was thinking the same myself....i have found these to be a decent boot, but i would like them to last me more than feckin 12 months especially when you take the time to nourish the leather

Back to your problem, I'm not taking the piss Sindasox but in must be your feet and just the way they fit you, because they have gone in exactly the same place.

The first two pics are of the most recent pair and is the right boot, the other ones below are the first pair and the photos are of the left boot, but the leather has split in both boots (right & left)....you can also see in the photos how the laces have worn away the leather.

SINDASOX :thumbs:

had different lowas for years in army and worn them day in day out and still wear them out hunting 4/5 nights a week ,nver had a problem .top boots .....might be way your laceing them and shape of foot mate.try missing the hooks out with laces where they seem to wear on the two pairs of boots that have gone mate.

Jesus Sinda your tough on boots!

That area, round the tongue is a weak spot I always look out for, too many manufactures use a poor grade, soft leather in there and its only either for cost and/or ease of wear. the Miendl I have is the Burma but the old type, though they do have the softer leather either side of the tongue, it is both untreated (suade type) and folds tight away when laceing up.

If i was looking to a new pair of boots, i'd aviod any that have become popular over the past few years, Miendl Borneo, Dovre, Lowa Combat etc. All seem to have altered slightly since their popularity increased and not for the better!

I'd look to the same manufacturers BUT to boots with less popularity, Miendl Glockner for example. :thumbs:

gore-tex boots are shit imo,they absorb too much water and take too long to dry.

your best bet would've been to wear them in for a week or so (just day to day,nothing extreme) and make sure you keep them highly polished to keep the leather soft.

a boot i can recommend are altberg peacekeepers,they're not cheap but very good,if nothing else just stay away from gore-tex boots,theres no need in our climate for them anyway.

Look mate,

When i give £150 + for boots i can assure you that i look after them and treat the leather on a regular basis to try and make them last as long as possible, you can plainly see in the photos above how much wear there is in the leather from just the laces.

I've tried a boot from Altberg, a few years back now, a boot called the Gamekeeper....i'ts on here somewhere if you search.

SINDASOX

i have had 2 pairs of lowa bootsand although they are comfy both my pairs fell to bits ! altberg are great boots and almosy totally custom made if you go to the factory in richmond n.yorks ! i have recently bought some black islander boots and have to say they are awsome ! best boots i have ever owned bar none

• 1 month later...

I've had my lowa mountain boots for 3 years now. They've done 2 tours of afghan, 2 of the Falklands, Kenya, Canada and get worn everyday. Word amongst the army lads is the goretex lining is the problem in the soft leather under the laces. Mine ain't goretex and I've had no problems whatsoever. Try the non goretex ones. Mine get some

Stick and theyre holding out fine.

Also have a cupboard full of different boots and best 3 are lowa, altberg and adidas gsg9. I'll put a pic up later.