yes deadly shot iv givin mine raw mackerel.i find if i cook it and mix it with the nuts they love it its the only way they will eat the nuts dat or cans of sardeens.i find the raw meat the best doe.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raw meat,fat lots of meaty bones raw veg,eggs etc you can't beat it knocks spots of dry crap any day.Your dogs will be a lot fitter and healthier,plus lots more energy when working and harder to burn

A mixture of both in the closed season but in the season it's flesh, flesh and more flesh, the only time i give them a little dry food is when the flesh gets short. Sometimes they develope a small wet

whats peoples views on feeding dogs pork as in roast hog etc

I feed a lot of pork.Dogs get their energy from animal fat and pork is a good way of giving it to them.So long as theyre getting work to burn it off.They also won't get the sores that BD has mentioned if you give them plenty of bones ,raw veg and a variety of meat and offal.

yer i usually feed mine raw lamb with some dry food some days then raw chicken with dry food but dont sound like lambs the best so i assume that beef is the one to go for then. and about the fish its ok to give mine a whole raw mackerel and the bones will be fine year

i have givin mine raw mackrel a few times when the lads wud go out on the boat but wud prefare 2 cook it up 4 them as u will get bones.i wud trow my dogs out heads and tails they wud scoff them no probs.my butcher wud giv me pork occasionly the dogs love it but mainly beef.i also get pigs legs.

Guest wurzil

i give mine raw tripe and chicken carcass minced together along with dry for the fibre they also need but on the odd occasion i have started to feed just dry i can see the condition falling away over a matter of weeks so i will always feed flesh to my dogs cos i know its best for them...

Ive always steered clear of feeding pork as it can contain tapeworm and trichinella, both could cause possable illness even death depending on what stage it was ingested. Hense pork not being served rare for humans.

I know of folks that do feed with great results, just not a risk im willing to take myself.

ATB D

I feed a lot of pork.Dogs get their energy from animal fat and pork is a good way of giving it to them.So long as theyre getting work to burn it off.They also won't get the sores that BD has mentioned if you give them plenty of bones ,raw veg and a variety of meat and offal.

nice one ,iv been feeding mine hog roast a while now on and off when i get my hands on them .I usually get enough pork off one animal to feed 6 dogs for 3 days.All depends on whats left over on the pig

Guest dee mac

i think working dogs need fresh meat of some discription in there grub i mix minced cooked chicken some minced tripe and some steeped nuts too make up the rest plus im lucky that i get the scraps from local primary school and we all know kids dont like there veg so i usually have a nice big bag of cooked veg every night bar the summer time and i think buster is spot on a dog fed on good quality grub hold there condition better while working hard imo any dried food is pure crap fed on its own hard too beat the bit of tripe beef and chicken

nice one ,iv been feeding mine hog roast a while now on and off when i get my hands on them .I usually get enough pork off one animal to feed 6 dogs for 3 days.All depends on whats left over on the pig

wat about chicken carcass and pig skin seems to be lot opf fat on the pig skin

i just started to buy a raw mix from a guy last, weekend, 10% salmon, 30% beef and 60% green tripe, a good honest mix aswell , i seen it goin through the grinder while i was there. im also feedin ham bones for calcium source . hopefully will see the change in them in a few weeks

If people feed just red meat it is a very unbalanced diet: red meat, lamb, chicken carcases, lamb ribs, veg and a bit of cereal: and I find that with a good bone to chew on this takes up time and energy to gnaw on and keeps them happy in their kennels.

Guest busterdog

When i said flesh flesh flesh i meant a mixture of chicken, beef and tripe. I use Dr johns gold dry food in the morning, i give them a little hand full, if they're working hard then i try and keep the beef portion high but my main food source is chicken necks and skins. It's horses for courses, if i see a dog going down in condition then i up it's beef, beef always seems to hold the weight on.

Waooow up there tanto, anyone aware that while fat is the fuel of choice for dogs that also increased fat in dogs diet can lead to pancreatitis. Lay off feeding too much fat on the off season, large amounts of fats in season,along with the cold weather is the way. A lazy dog cannot benefit from fats unless he has a heart rate as high as a rapist in a HIV clinic.