hunting game above the ground with terriers

hi

i was just wondering which breed of terrier(i.e. jr, patterdale, border, fox, lakeland etc.) i should go for for primarily flushing game above the ground...please i don't want anyone trying to tell me the usual crap that spaniels are better and all that and that a terrier will not retrieve and its only interested in foxes(because i don't care if he goes into cover looking for foxes as long as he goes in) and how i should just use my spaniels. as i've already stated i want it primarily for flushing.don't get me wrong i know alot about spaniels as i have had many and i think they're absolutely brilliant at flushing game and going into cover its just that i want to try a terrier for my own personal interest in them.in fairness though i completely understand the going to ground thing and the affects it has (although very few holes where i shoot anyway)

thanks smile.gif

post-54339-0-24619100-1313525099.jpgrussell mate my flushes anything :thumbs: caught a partridge once i know that's not what you want but still impressed me,i take her out on the pheasant shout with me the keeper and me dad see does everything my dad cocker does dear i say a bit better except retrieving.and she's learn't to stay the right distance so anything that she flushes can be shot.

I have a lakie and a Plummer and both work cover I think the plummers are an ideal all round dog and I shoot with the air rifle then send the terriers either one to retrieve what I have shot my lakie will some of the time drop short but I use my two terriers for everything

would they hunt heavy cover?and do they go to ground or tire quickly?