what if you could

this is more for the oldies rather than the youngsters and is going to be quite hard for a number of us . if you could have one dog that you have owned back now in the prime of its life which one would it be .to make it more interesting no toss up between old whatever you must pick just one dog neednt be the best you have owned but probally will be come on folks get them up ..

Starlight

Now 10 1/2 years old, done everything very well indeed, and one of the most intelligent and easy dogs to live with: honestly no faults that I can think of. I had plenty of decent dogs before her, and some which were tops at certain jobs, but none with such overall ability, heart and even now, her prey drive is undiminished even though her body is unable to do the things she could do once.

post-5156-0-17293200-1313154953_thumb.jpg

a bitch called misty saluki lurcher cross collie lurcher.only ran her on rabbits and hares.couldnt really fault her. always gave 100%.she had stamina to burn.only a small bitch 23 but she meant the world to me.

mine would have to be bella a 23tts threequarter greyhound quarter apbt this little bitch never let me or herself down did everything asked of her and then some. and gave me a litter that threw all her good points best all round lurcher i have ever owned by a country mile .took every british quarry

this is more for the oldies rather than the youngsters and is going to be quite hard for a number of us . if you could have one dog that you have owned back now in the prime of its life which one would it be .to make it more interesting no toss up between old whatever you must pick just one dog neednt be the best you have owned but probally will be come on folks get them up ..

a bitch i had long time ago, first cross beddy/hound, hadn't a great turn of foot,bad feet, ugly as sin, but huge drive, really opened my eyes to all sorts of game and the ability of a determined canine, when you have a dog in tune with you ,it'll bring the best out of you and you in it, she never gave up in situations where i would have thrown my hat in,

landed us in some really sticky situations , great bitch who probably sealed the lid on me ever having a normal pastime,, :D

Edited by Casso

I would like to have owned the dog my dad had years ago cslled lady he still doesn't know her breeding to this day she was a stray he found her aged 12 weeks old he kept her more as a pet on the farm but he noticed when walking off lead she would take off and bring back rabbit to his hand without any training my dad started to work her regular but she had a big fault she would jump anything and everything she jumped of a bridge over a stream it was about 20 foot high landed and had a stick going in her belly and out her back rushed to vets and survived this happened at age 4 she had another fault when she jumped her skin would tare all the time but she lived till she was 13 yrs old great dog tough as old boots she was pts because of old age

Edited by J.DOG