Jagd terrier

Guest FTBBTH

Finaly gonna make the Drahthaar x Jagdterrier cross. Not sure what to expect besides lots of hunt and ugly. Guess time will tell.

Probably gonna use the smallest terrier I have..lol

Hi Jawn

Did you end up crossing your Jagd to the Drahthaar?and how did they turn out?

Cheers Steve

• Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The future...

A dog that does what it was bred to do day-in, and day-out is a good dog..... nothing more.... nothing less. In doing so it earns it's name and some respect. It also earns it's place on the yard, and

Posted Images

Interesting thread thanks to all.

I'm from Australia currently living in the Czech Republic does anyone know of any breeders here or even some trials or tests, I would be interested in going for a look and see first hand how the Jagd Terrier hunt.

Thanks

Finaly gonna make the Drahthaar x Jagdterrier cross. Not sure what to expect besides lots of hunt and ugly. Guess time will tell.

Hi Jawn

Cheers Steve

I wondered that too.

Hi Jawn

Cheers Steve

No... not yet. I did attempt it but it didn't work out. Ill try again soon enough though. I know several breeders in the Czech Republic and Slovakia....but they speak very little English. If you are interested in attending an event I will ask them when the next one is.... and PM you the details.

Hi Jawn

Cheers Steve

No... not yet. I did attempt it but it didn't work out. Ill try again soon enough though. I know several breeders in the Czech Republic and Slovakia....but they speak very little English. If you are interested in attending an event I will ask them when the next one is.... and PM you the details.

Thanks Jawn that would be great,

I've only ever read about the Jagd and have been impressed so I'm keen to see them in action.

I spent a bit of time in NZ with possum and ferret control programs few people had Foxies and JRT's which worked ok but I think the Jagd would excel. Would also be keen to give them a crack on the Pigs back in Oz

• Like 1

You must have a different idea of game....... hunting terriers, (of any type) aren't game. I'm not saying that they aren't in some cases extremely hard/ courageous little dogs.....Some are. Doesn't matter what label you give them either... Good dogs are where you find them.... and they don't give a shit what breed you say they are.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Tough call..... What's fair to one man is highway robbery to the next. I have four that were born two days ago and I'm not selling any. If they all survive the initial once over, I'll send one to a friend in Mexico city and raise the rest. Your best bet is to do what you do when you get any terrier from someone you don't know... just go hunt with the parents. That'll give you a chance to discuss what's fair and what isn't....I've seen them go for as much as 1000 and I've seen them gifted to folks who will work them. If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket I'd figure somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

i get what you're saying, and that's the reason why i asked. people talk about how good their parents are and they want 350 bucks, some others say the same and they want a 1000. just wanted to have an idea, no big deal. i had two for free from a supposedly famous working stud and they were both given every opportunity to prove themselves yet they both were given the dirty nap. one quit on a simple coon, the other wouldn't work if you put a bullet in the head. even if i go and see the parents theres no guarantee the pups will work out

• Like 1